1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Pigtronix Philosopher's Tone Germanium Gold LTD. and Boss TU-2 Chromatic Tuner

Discussion in 'For Sale: Effects and Pedals' started by War Pig, Aug 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. For sale only, Pigtronix Philosopher's Tone Germanium Gold Ltd. Still has bottom foot pad attached (no velcro), comes with power supply and in it's original box with user's guide and Pigtronix sticker. Has a chip in the upper right hand corner of the pedal, but otherwise in good cosmetic condition. $120 shipped CONUS.

Also for sale only is a Boss TU-2 Chromatic Tuner pedal, a little worn condition (chips in the white paint) but sturdy and dependable as Boss is known for. Does not include original box, just the pedal. $40 shipped CONUS. SOLD

Attached Files:

2. Forgot to mention, bottom rubber pad on the tuner has been removed and replaced with a layer of velcro for use with a pedalboard.

3. Probably going to keep the Philosopher's Tone, Boss TU-2 is still available.

4. MostlyBass

MostlyBass

Mar 3, 2002
    Oak Park, IL
    Does this pedal 'pop' when you depress the button? I had the non-germanium version and it sounded really good but I couldn't use it live as the it would build up a charge and pop loudly when activated. Pigtronix (Dave?) told me this is normal.

5. It is normal for true bypass pedals, however, the pedal I've got doesn't do that, but you have to keep in mind that that's with my setup, power, etc. The bypass scenario on the Germ Gold is probably not any different than the standard model, so you're likely to get pops with your setup with either, I would guess.

Also, TU-2 SOLD!

6. I'm keeping the Pigtronix for now. I may pick up a Philosopher's Rock to compare it with at some point, and if I like that better, I may sell the the Philosopher's Tone, so I'll post a new thread if that day comes. But I'm going to close this thread now. Thanks for looking everyone!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.