1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Pigtronix Polysaturator

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by funkalicious101, Sep 20, 2008.

1. It hasnt been mentioned much here, only four threads including this one.

I saw one at a local store when I was dropping off my dad's acoustic guitar to get repaired. I'm thinking when I go to pick it up I'll probably buy it, even if only to try it out.

Its described as being "thin" in another thread and not very good with bass. I would probably be using it for lead tones and dont really need a lot of bass in my sound (HERESY!!) so I think this might be right up my alley. And even if it doesnt work out I still have an awesome guitar overdrive/distortion pedal.

Does anyone have any experience with one of these? Or have even heard a bass through one?

Its only $95 so I think its worth a shot anyway.

Thanks,
    Sam

2. bongomania

bongomania Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Wasn't it supposed to be the OD channel of the Disnortion? The OD chan of the Disnortion was not thin, and sounded great on bass. I'd be the proverbial sad panda if Koltai made the standalone version "less good for bass" than the Disnortion version.

3. BZadlo

BZadlo Supporting Member

Mar 4, 2008
    Seattle, WA
    The disnortion is amazing. I run it with the gain all the way down straight into a poweramp. Its dirty but real mean and with lots of low end.

4. lotsolowend

lotsolowend

Aug 23, 2006
    Nederland, Tx
    i had never seen pigtronix before but while i was evacuated for hurricane ike i found a local store in mississippi that had some and if i remember it was like 200 bucks for the polysaturator so thats a deal if you can get it for 95. if its no good just bring it back imo

5. Hmmm, I've seen it at around the internet for about that too, now I'm afraid he said $195... Oh well, I'll find out later this week.

If I dont get it I'll probably pick up a Electro-Harmonix SMM that I saw there.

6. warwick.hoy

warwick.hoy

Aug 20, 2006
    Spokane, WA.
    Beta Tester: Source Audio.
    I put one on layaway at the local guitar center (it's still on police hold as it was brought in used).

I originally intended to snatch it up for guitar work (sounded great through a VOX AC15 with a Tele Thinline [/quitar talk].

I was actually impressed with it's bottom end on the SVT-CL 810 I tried it out on in the store. We'll see if it works on bass in the real world.

It did seem like it would also function as a preamp/EQ/boost as well.