Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Pimp my rack- Help with LED

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by 7thbass, Jun 16, 2005.

1. 7thbass

7thbass

Nov 21, 2003
    Houston, Tx
    I have an extra space in my rack and was going to fill it with a funk logic digital dynamicator.

Now, I am thinking outside the box (as it were) and would like to mount one of these on the front of a blank rack panel:

BLUE LIQUID NEON THUNDER PATTERN
    Features:
    3 patterns. Waving, rippling effect. Impressive looking. Low heat. High brightness. Easy installation.

Package contents:
    Liquid neon. Back switch with PCI plate. 12V inverter. Velcro tape for inverter and tube end.

http://www.logisyscomputer.com/viewsku.asp?SKUID=LNSBL&DID=LED

I am thinking this might look quite righteous. Anyone know how I could use this with batteries or plug into three prong power strip?

TIA

2. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    Wow. Never knew these were available in tube format, too.
    Me want. Wait, I don't even have a rack.. and I'll be switching from pre-power to a.m.p. ( :D ) but I still wan one! And a red one, too, and a green and a yellow :D

Looks cool, but I don't know if it would induce hum..

3. orskard

orskard

Mar 17, 2004
    Indiana
    i am probally wrong, but do led's mess with your signal? If im wrong, what type of lights do?

4. playmybass

playmybass

Mar 28, 2004
    Tucson, Az
    I think LEDS are fine, its the neon lights that mess it up.

5. 7thbass

7thbass

Nov 21, 2003
    Houston, Tx
  6. Depends, what i would always do is to buy stuff intended for PC's, because they arent gonna let off much noise, id imagine a PC being more susceptable to EMI than an amp