Pimp my Tbird

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Secondhandloser, Aug 2, 2005.

1. Secondhandloser

Mar 28, 2005
    I have a Sunburst ( very dark, I'll have pictures up soon hopefully) Epiphone thunderbird, and I want to replace the pickup covers, pickguard and hardware- what colors would work?

OK- heres a pic of someone elses in the same color...

Attached Files:

2. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    Yo, put some spinners on the knobs, maybe even replace them with knobs twice the size; then put a 15" monitor in the back, and a DVD-player in the electronics compartment. Oh and copper cavity interior is out of fashion. How's about tweed?
    Oh yeah, and no need to replace the electronics or pickups or even the strings - we're only here to pimp it, not to make it better

On a more serious note: the pimping is just aesthetics. isn't it good enough the way it is? It wont improve playability or tone.
    Anyway, I think a dark sunburst goes well with a black 'guard, and chrome hardware is ok. Or put black hardware on it? Or gold, if it's as dark as you say it is. It all comes down to personal taste, and that's for you to decide
    My $0.002
  3. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

Sure, but the same's true for the vast majority of boutiques that have exotic wood tops. IMO, nothin' wrong with bling bling!
  4. FenderHotRod

Sep 1, 2004
    Hey...that be mine.... :D
  5. erm... black looks good...
  6. BassGreaser

Aug 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    have a tort pickguard made, and change the hardware to chrome:D
  7. Secondhandloser

Mar 28, 2005
    hmm.... now that I look around, I can't find anywhere that sells replacement parts for Tbirds... (help?)
  8. Well there's not a really a demand for replacement parts for that bass, but the Epi version is just glorified Fender construction.... but I see chrome versions of that bridge on EBay day in and day out for 50 bucks. Pickup covers? Prolly not gonna find any, ever. Everything else is commonplace.