1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ping?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by WARFACE, Jun 8, 2011.

1. WARFACE

WARFACE

May 15, 2009
    Ping tuners, try them or just replace them?

2. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Eh, try 'em first...they're not that bad. They're stock on Dingwall Combustions and several other imports. I replaced mine with Hipshots but I'm a picky little snot. I do recommend you remove the button screws, slather on some blue Loctite, and reassemble. Don't overtighten as you may distort the plastic washers.

Riis

3. WARFACE

WARFACE

May 15, 2009
    Yeah, I think one or two might already have been distorted?! There is some tinging and pinging(no pun intended) going on while tuning. Will wait over night to see if they keep there tune. Thanks for the help!!

4. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    What's the configuration...2 + 3 or something else? I have a fairly new set in my junk drawer.

Riis

5. WARFACE

WARFACE

May 15, 2009
    Thank you my friend! +1 to the junk drawer! Gotta "almost" brand new set in there myself. Just never heard of "Ping" tuners before? And when they started making noise, My first reaction was, Replace em!!