1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Pink burger meat

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Vince S., Mar 31, 2006.

1. Marley's Ghost

Marley's Ghost Gold Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    I always order a burger medium rare. Otherwise it is a hockey puck. Never got food poisoning yet.

2. theshadow2001

theshadow2001

Jun 17, 2004
    Ireland
    In france don't they have beef tartar which is just a hunk of raw miced beef with a raw egg on top or something. Im not sure exactly but definitely alot of raw stuff in it.There are probably other ingredients used to cure the meat to prevent harmful bacteria. But people do eat that and they are fine.

If a burger is under cooked you provide a nice warm atmosphere for bacteria to develop in the under cooked part and make you sick. However if a burger can be cooked to a level where all harmful baceria are destroyed and still remain pink I wouldn't no nor would I care to find out. Basically if you do eat burgers like this the meat would have to be fresh. If its coming from your local macdonalds or other joint using pre processed burgers no way in hell would I eat it.

As for the guys who eat pink burgers it could be similar to when you go abroad to a different country and your told not to drink the water yet the locals drink it and they're fine. Its all a matter of what your body is used to

3. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2005
    Syracuse NY
    Endorsing artist: Dingwall Guitars

Steak Tartar is made with an acidic agent to 'cook' the beef. Similar to Tuna Tartar when made with sashimi grade tuna and lime juice. I would suggest that if the beef is picked as carefully as you would tuna, you aren't in danger. Yes. I've eaten both.