1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD PINK fender-jazz bass special-450$ shipped

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by A-Step-Towards, Dec 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1989 fender jazz bass special , one knob is missing the f top other then that its original , plays great and sounds really nice , its in pretty solid shape , some belt hazing on the back and light dings , the headstock has light rash but overall decent shape an easy 7 out of 10 and 23 years old, the bass has about zero fret wear and the neck is clean no finish loss from heavy playinga nd i can tell it really has low hours of use on it , the strings were just changed and there a fresh set of d'addrio (spelt that wrong) rounds.

Its pink and it gets some attention , i think its awesome but i have like a million basses.

450$ shipped, fee free payment , i dont care how you pay just no fee on my end , I dont have a case for it but i pack well, i can get a bag new for 10$ see my post below.

Trades
    fender highway 1 P
    fender 50s classic P

thats about it

001-57.

002-59.

003-52.

004-51.

$(KGrHqVHJDkE63ZdB++JBOzW7,UJMw~~60_12.

2. Nice!

3. Where was this made?

4. I had a black & white one(Duff *sig*)that was made in Japan. Ripping basses, IMO(original 80's ones).

5. btbraden

btbraden

Sep 9, 2005
    Oroville, CA
    Don't show this to my two year old princess daughter she would tell me to get it for her

6. Yep its old made in japan quality

7. elgecko

elgecko

Apr 30, 2007
    Anasleim, CA
    Wow! I was expecting Shell Pink...that sucker nearly burned my retinas!

Bump for you!

8. Joshua Phelps

Joshua Phelps

Feb 22, 2011
    Memphis
    Makes you wonder why fender would ever take this color out of their lineup?

9. alembicguy

alembicguy I operate the worlds largest heavey equipment Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Minnesota
    Does this have a Jazz width neck?

10. jamzcl

jamzcl

Jul 21, 2004
    Des Moines, IA USA
    Great basses. I bought one of these pink ones and parted it out and kept the neck. The date on these should be 1984-87 MIJ instead of '89 (correct me if I'm wrong).

11. michael_atw

michael_atw

Feb 28, 2009
    Jamestown, NY
    I second that.

12. Jazz width neck, 1.5 inch nut

These were originally called PJ bass in 1984, in 1985 they changed the name to jazz bass special they featured black necks , in 1986 they featured black necks , in 1987 the necks went to only the headstock being black, in 87 i blieve they started changing the pickups and the pickups from then on had small poles and then later the bridge changed, they kept making these in japan but i dont know if/any were imported , this by all records is a 1989, because they made these and power jazz specials up into the 90s when they serial number prefix switched to F , this is E9 and a 1989 by that, could it have been made late 88? yeah but its not a 87

13. mdogs

mdogs Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2010
    Constant state of flux
    Is it wrong that I love the pink so much...

14. that makes the pink look alot brighter , but i love it to , some guy on craigslist offered me 300$ because he would have to pay to have its paint removed, douche.

15. michael_atw

michael_atw

Feb 28, 2009
    Jamestown, NY
    I love those moro....I mean respectable buyers.:rollno:

16. Yeah , I kindly told him i wasnt interested in selling my bass so he could butcher it, isnt there enough white ones?

17. alembicguy

alembicguy I operate the worlds largest heavey equipment Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Minnesota
    Pm sent

18. replied

19. sj_bass

sj_bass Supporting Member

May 23, 2010
    Long Beach, CA
    Moody Leathers endorsed artist
    Classic.

This would be perfect for an 80's tribby band.

20. Thats what I am thinking

btw guys its 450$ shipped and i dont have a case for it , i use to work at the music store in town and am on good terms there and get small items at cost , not instruments , but i can get a quality stagg gig bag for 10$ or so , if you kick me a extra 10$ I will go grab one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.