Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Pink Floyd - Animals

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Yogi Bear, Mar 5, 2002.

1. Yogi Bear

Yogi Bear Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2000
    Colorado
    I'm listening to it right now at work. Great album

:Forrest Gump voice on:

That's all I have to say about that.

:Forrest Gump voice off:

2. seamus

seamus

Feb 8, 2001
    Jersey
    I agree. Wish You Were Here and Animals are easily my favorite PF albums ever. The 3rd slot is a toss up between several others, but those two are always in spots 1 and 2. :)

3. Yogi Bear

Yogi Bear Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2000
    Colorado
    Ditto on the first two. The Wall for me would take the third slot. Waters wrote alot of great songs for that album.

4. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    I was just listening to this album at work, too!

Get off of my brainwave, Dude....;)

5. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    animals is one of my favorite albums ever, by any band. i really love it a lot, i can't imagine how many times i've listened to that album.

6. hey i love that ablume,les claypool redid the ablume if you been living under a rock,i own both and i think you should hear les claypool's,its alittle diffent but pretty cool.

7. Animals is my #1 PF disk.
    Final Cut is probally #2

might be because I haven't been worn out on them yet.

8. I love the raw, cynical feel of it. While I like Gilmour's voice more than Waters', I think his unpolished voice works very well with the songs. One of my favorite PF albums.

9. i'm a meddle fan myself...

10. One of the greatest (and most underated) albums ever! 'Dogs'... wow! What a song!
    Jim

11. Animals is one of my favourite albums by any band as well.... So's Wish You Were Here.... Something about that era of PF.....

12. Without a doubt my fav Floyd album. Pigs (3 Different ones) definatly made me respect Waters as a bassist, it's so groovy and awesome.

13. PolkaHero

PolkaHero Supporting Member

Jan 5, 2002
    Michigan

But. . .Was it Waters or Gilmour who actually laid down the bass tracks? I've always heard it was Gilmour. Probably my favorite Floyd album as well by the way.

14. Off that album Sheep is still my favorite.

I like Sheep.

And hip waders.

And barbed wire.

allan
    (off to dispose of another kitten)

15. i have to admit, Animals is one of my favorite albums, but nothing beats listening to Dark Side of the Moon, in the dark.