1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Pink Floyd Not on Time Top 100 Albums!!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by groovejam, Nov 29, 2006.

1. groovejam

groovejam

Apr 26, 2005
    Obviously the author must have a grudge becuase this is absolutly rediculous to any fan of Music. :mad: :mad: :mad: :confused:

Kanye West made the list and not Pink Floyd....what a joke!

I can't imagine that any fan of music of any genre couldnt find at least one Pink Floyd song or album that they considerd worthy.

I have come to one of two conclutions, 1) First comes all of Pink Floyds albums, then comes the top 100 or 2) Seeing as the albums were picked by decade, Pink Floyd would be featured in the 2050's....

:bassist:

Someone must agree

2. it is disgrasefull, but we can't change that

3. Yeah, those 100 Greatest whatever lists are always completely retarded.
    I mean, Dark Side of the Moon (so I've heard) has been on the BillBoard Music Charts almost nonstop since it's release. Not to mention The Wall, Animals, Wish You Were Here...hell anything Floyd ever did was better then Kanye West.

Out of curiousity, which album was #1?

4. is this another rolling stone mag poll or something?

5. ^He said "Time" in the title of the thread.

6. Right here, bud. I don't like Pink Floyd.

I haven't looked at the list and it's probably really stupid, but you can bet that MY top 100 list would have Floyd nowhere near it.

7. Spector_Ray

Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    Texas
    I'm a fan of music, but I don't like Pink Floyd. However, I do respect Floyd and having Kanye West there and no PF is indeed an insult.

8. groovejam

groovejam

Apr 26, 2005
    Ok, I meant "respect" or "apreciate"

There was no #1 But it consided of The beatles, Led Zep, Miles Davis, Radiohead (both OK computer and Kid A), Hank Wiliams etc, I agree with all of those.

There were many emails about no Floyd, and the Author responded by adding to the top of the article that " NO pink floyd, and thats how it sould be.

9. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Remember people, it is the personal opinion of the author of the list. I'm sure there would be some bands that you guys like that I don't and wouldn't be mentioned if I made a Top 100 list.

BTW, I can't understand how you can have a Top 100 with no PF. IMO, ofcourse! :p

10. +1

Rolling Stone does those lists too. they're terrible. Somehow Eminem is better than Miles Davis.

11. Dunno if I quite agree with that - their early stuff is REALLY under-appreciated, and their later stuff (post Barrett) is stupidly over-hyped...

12. The only thing lamer than top 100 lists is the inevitable fanboy ranting about their favorite movie/author/musician/ferret rancher having been excluded.

13. groovejam

groovejam

Apr 26, 2005
    hahhaha, your right, I am laughing at myself

14. RareBear

RareBear

Oct 30, 2006
    +1.

Rankings are sensationalism to create controversy and jerk a sort of pseudo-relevance. I think it's ok to ask people to say what their favorites are but it is idiocy to have someone in the media claim that he or she can rank artistry. It's a ploy to send ripples just like it is doing here.

PS Kanye West should be enough to settle the matter of the credibility of the author. "No Floyd and that's the way it shoud be" sounds like something an angry child who doesn't know any better would say in that context.

15. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    This might be the first rock/pop music poll that makes sense to me...

16. Elvis twice and Chuck Berry only once?! This poll is racist!

[I'm joking, but I do think that's really dumb. Elvis was the Christina Aguilera of his time.]

17. Morrolan

Morrolan

Apr 23, 2006
    Missouri
    Looks to me like he went for "influential" albums, and did a pretty decent job - with some notable exceptions, of course.

If he is indeed going for "influential" records, ones that changed the landscape of music in a significant way, I would argue for the inclusion of Albert King's Born Under a Bad Sign.

18. Juneau

Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.

While everyone might not dig Pink Floyd, there is no denying they have had some of the best selling records of all time. While it might not be in someone's personal top 100, not including one of the best selling records ever (Dark Side) is kinda stupid.

19. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I'm sure Koenjihyakkei is nowhere on that list and "angherr shisspa" is one of the greatest albums EVER.

I am 100% serious.

These lists exsist for one reason: Giving people something to bitch about.