Pink Floyd with Waters for Live 8!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by P. Aaron, Jun 12, 2005.

1. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

That's what I'm seeing on this website and a blurb on the Drudge Report. Hmmm.

Hopefully someone records it.
  2. Nadav

Nov 13, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Yep. I couldn't believe it when I heard earlier.
  3. Marley's Ghost

Marley's Ghost Gold Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    That is un *f* ing believeble!! :hyper: :hyper: :eek: I have been waiting for this since 1980!! Maybe this is the end of the feud and they will finally reunite!!! Could you imagine, a Pink Floyd reunion tour! Would make the Stones and U2 look like garage bands! :eek: :bassist:
  4. andrewd

Sep 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Pink Floyd to reform for Live 8 concert
    July 2 show will be first time band has been together since '81
    Updated: 12:40 p.m. ET June 12, 2005

LONDON - Four members of seminal British rock band Pink Floyd will play together for the first time in 24 years at London's Live 8 charity concert for Africa on July 2, publicists for the event said on Sunday.

Guitarist David Gilmour, drummer Nick Mason and keyboard player Richard Wright will be on stage with bassist Roger Waters for their first public performance since they played at London's Earls Court in 1981.

"Like most people I want to do everything I can to persuade the G8 leaders to make huge commitments to the relief of poverty and increased aid to the third world," said Gilmour.

"Any squabbles Roger and the band have had in the past are so petty in this context, and if reforming for this concert will help focus attention then it's got to be worthwhile."

© 2005

5. canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    Cool! I'm a huge Pink Floyd fan, I hope this comes out on DVD soon afterwards.
  6. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
  7. canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    Check back on the Brain Damage website, I think they just "confirmed" it.
  8. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    duplicate thread, and it has been confirmed. i'll merge these two together. :hyper:
  9. `ash

Feb 26, 2004
    i just read it in a newspaper here too. This is great news! First Cream and now Pink Floyd.
    I just hope it doesnt end up like Led Zep on the 1st Live Aid where they dont even make it onto the dvd :(
    Led Zep should also be playing Live 8 with Dave Grohl on drums.
    None the less... its still great to hear.
  10. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

That's "old news" - it actually says :

"Bob Geldof, who organised the original Live Aid show, recently denied that any show would take place, however, he is expected to officially announce the show and full details on Tuesday 31st May...." :meh:

There's no doubt the show is on and it has been confirmed that Pink Floyd's original members from Dark Side of the Moon will be there - although not Syd :(

I think the interesting question is whether Roger will actually play bass or just sing, leaving the bass to Guy Pratt or somebody else...? ;)

Why worry about the DVD - just record it from the live TV feed ...?
  11. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Here's hoping for a performance of "Dogs". The one on Waters' Live DVD is incredible, but conspicuously lacks Gilmour.
  12. douggie

Jun 12, 2005
    They did ask Pratt to appear but he's playing the Berlin show with Roxy Music..
  13. burntgorilla

Jan 24, 2005
    Thinking about it, I'll be one of only a few people my age to have ever seen them live. I've just started to appreciate them, so I'm hoping that I can fully enjoy this.
  14. Allegedly, they are currently in rehearsal for the Live 8 Show and will be playing 4 songs, 3 of which will be from Dark Side Of The Moon. :D

It must be true, I read it in a newspaper. ;)
  15. powerslave

powerslave Guest

Feb 24, 2005
    United States
    i sure hope this turns into a world tour, that would be killer! :cool:
  16. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    I was blown away when I first heard about this. I'm guessing Bob Geldof has everything to do with this 'reunion' - don't forget that he played Pink in The Wall. It appears that 'the man with the chip on his shoulder' is a sucker for major events like this - reminds me of the Berlin wall show...let's just hope they don't cheese it up too badly. Gilmour might want to go on a diet for this one :eek:
  17. thunder-pick

Jun 9, 2005
    :hyper: This is big. This is bigger than big. This would have to be bigger than Zeppelin getting back together for Live Aid. At least all the members of the classic line-up are still alive. Bob Geldof must have done some major arm twisting on this one. Let's hope (dare I say it) that this leads to a reunion tour, if Waters and Gilmore don't kill each other first.
  18. SnoMan

SnoMan Words Words Words Supporting Member

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV
    oh dear god..

I would kill countless puppies and kittens for the opportunity to see Pink Floyd live....and I'd do even more unspeakable acts to see the line-up including roger waters(though I like post waters just as well).

Happy..I wish there were some way for me to see it live
  19. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member