Pink Floyd!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by d8g3jdh, Jan 23, 2006.

1. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    Ho man, i went to a pink floyd cover show last night, i got 4 syllables: incredible. It was fun to compare the sound of the album to how the band sounded, and the only fopah i heard was the sax solo on money, other than that it was all spot on and they even jamprovised on a few songs that went really well. played all of dark side of the moon, and great gig in the sky was insane. the singer nailed it perfect, the whole way through, definetely the best part of the show. the guitarist was great, the bassist could groove, the drummer could hold it down, it really was incredible.

Part 2: David Gilmour is going on tour!!! want anyone going? that would be sweet!

Any canadians who like pink floyd should check out comfortably numb; canada's pink floyd show. worth every penny.

thats it for my ramblings.
  2. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
  3. Grug, are you in Canada? There was a show here in Halifax just last night, too!
  4. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    yup. ours was better. :D
  5. Oh, thanks. :p I was busy attending a classical music performance at the Concert Hall in Halifax anyway. Classical always beats out the savage rock music. ;-)
  6. i'd love to see pink floyd or a cover band of them here, but i dont think they'd come to spokane

gilmour came here once in sacred heart hospital, cant remember why, some kind of disease i think? got treated for it though. i heard he was the nicest guy ever.
  7. thekyle

Dec 25, 2005
    Breckenridge, CO
    One of the high points of my musical career was covering Dark Side of the Moon. We played it pretty much note-for-note (and I sang Brain Damage...WOW...I don't sing). One of the biggest let downs of my musical career was hearing a recording of that night. We sounded terrible, especially vocally.

Now, we have covered stuff ranging from "Bike" to "Young Lust." It doesn't seem to matter what song it is, audiences love to hear Floyd. I know I do. Just, please, no "Wish You Were Here," unless you are doing the whole album.

I would love to see a Floyd cover band. A first set cover of Meddle followed by a second set Dark Side of the Moon would be awesome by the right people. Unfortunately, no one seems interested in playing Floyd around here.
  8. basste

Oct 8, 2003
    in south france, we have a little theater company, which play on scène a remake of "The wall". Incredible is the word: the 6 or 7 pieces band play all the album on a little mobile scene, which move on the theater scene; following all sequences from the movie playing by theater company, much more than 50 actors and members. It's like a 3D movie, very impressive and a great playing, musically and "theaterally".

I saw them few years ago. They had a great success and people ask them for new show. So i have my ticket for exceptionnal two shows on march !! :hyper:
  9. MAGUS®

Dec 23, 2004
    That Blue Floyd link - just discovered their Guitarist is Audley Freed. I have a fablioso CD with him playing, called " Brother " band was The Cry Of Love - now defunct i believe. The man is superb