Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Pink's M!sundaztood

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by sweetpea, Aug 7, 2002.

1. sweetpea

sweetpea Guest

Jun 6, 2002
    S'port, LoUiSiAna
    Okay... I bought this album and noticed that this chick programs all her music... I am a little surprised because it's not as lame as the techno and rap music that's out there.

I really like her lyrics and I think she has a killer voice... I just wish she would invest in a real band. Has anyone seen her in concert (with real musicians)? I think she'd kick ass if the music wasn't fake.

2. Every time she's appeared on Top Of The Pops here, she's had a real live backing band, all female apart from the drummer.

3. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

She's got the real deal alright on the road. My main band palyed "Get the Party Started" at midnight last New Year's Eve and I listened to a live recording to get the bass stabs down perfectly.

She says she digs the musicians in the band big time on tour.

Unless there's a Milli Vanilli thing going on, here's some proof -

[​IMG]

4. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    I'd never thought I'd dig stuff like "Let's Get This Party Started" - but I do!

I got the album from edonkey and I like it quite a bit, just not enough to squeeze it into my tight CD budget.

Pink is really hot IMO, and maybe there's great stuff to expect from her in the future. We need more hot chicks that ROCK.

5. Johnalex

Johnalex

Jul 20, 2001
    South Carolina
    Her performance on Sat. Night Live was awesome. Her band was bad a$$. ohh yeah...she is HOT too.

6. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    Yes Pink is very talented for what she does. I think if she "evolves" past the bubble gum stuff, she has a real future. Kind of like a "Madonna" like future.

She is definatley nice to look at though. I'm normally not attracted to the anorexic "Pop stars" out there, but I totally dig Pink. I think it's cause she likes like how a real women should and not some clean and cut model.

Yes, I remember when she was releasing her new album, in an interview she went off on a huge tangent about how she wants all the music to be played with a live band.

7. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Mah man, JMX!!! Nothing puts butts on a dance floor these days like her stuff done well.

If you can see under the hair and make-up she's a fox who knows more than just dance moves and she sings on key! A relative rarity these days :rolleyes:

8. In her new video she has black tape on her nipples. Just thought I'd chime in.

9. I dont know if you got a bootleg copy or not but I know for a fact that there are live players on that album, along with programmed stuff. But the players outnumber the machines on it. By the way I missed my chance to meet her (I know people who know people)because she cancelled two shows here in pittsburgh within a months time. She is gonna be around for a long time. Same goes for the oft hated Christina Aguilera. Cant hate on downright talent. But Im sure some will

10. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    :rolleyes:

Fake music?

11. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    Yeah. It's made of soy.

12. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Touche'.

:D

13. sweetpea

sweetpea Guest

Jun 6, 2002
    S'port, LoUiSiAna
    Okay, I'll admit... not ALL the music was programmed.

I blew the speakers in my car...(not completely) so the sound isn't very clear... So I didn't know from my radio...
    I noticed when I sat down in my room with the CD to "study" it.

Fake=white bread, electric drums, that sort of thing...

I guess I have a prejudice against the oh what the hell are they called... DR5s or something like that... anyway... my parents used to make accompanyments with them to songs when they sang at various churches.

I think they sound CHEESY.... That's my opinion... my little fetish... So, now I prefer actual instruments and musicians. Is that a crime?!

Oh, and no. It's not made of soy... :rolleyes: I like soy.

14. i thought it was made out of meat byproducts