Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

pinky trouble

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by smllyshoo, Nov 2, 2002.

1. smllyshoo

smllyshoo

Nov 2, 2002
    ive been playing bass now for about 8 months teaching myself. i have recently noticed how much using the pinky impacts the speed and ability of how you play, but i have not used very much at all since i started playing. i have very small hands and a really small pinky so its hard just starting off trying to fix the songs i play to help me use my pinky so i was wondering if there was any exercises or techniques any of you use(d) to be able to use your pinky better.:confused:

2. sorry to add another question but i think having three pinky questions out there would be a bit much.. on a somewhat related note, i have a problem where my pinky wants to raise up when I am fretting with my other fingers, and when i fret with my pinky afterwards it sorta slams down onto the fretboard instead of just fretting normally like the rest of my fingers do. anyone have this problem and solved it somehow?

3. Redhotbassist

Redhotbassist

Oct 19, 2002
    England
    do some finger excersises using mainly your pinky, that will make your pinky stronger, and then will be strong enough to fret a string