1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Pino bass!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by inthebassclef, Jun 11, 2014.

1. inthebassclef

inthebassclef Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2012
    Thought it would be fun to start a thread showing off any changes people have made to their Pino basses.
    So here is mine. Its a 2012. I changed the guard to black, added a thumbrest, and bridge cover.

Anyone else have one to show off?

20140611_232737.
    C 20140611_232714.

2. Beauty!

3. inthebassclef

Jan 8, 2012
    thank you very much. Really curious to other peoples

4. I've never been too keen on Fiesta Red/Tort combination. Fiesta/Black is more to my liking!

5. inthebassclef

Jan 8, 2012
    I agree that was my one grip with the Pino bass

6. bluesdogblues

bluesdogblues

Nov 13, 2007
    Fender Palladino is an excellent bass.

I don't have it, but if there anything I ever change of it (beside the price :D ), it'd be the color. I don't really like the Fiesta Red. And then I'd add the ashtrays with (yup, I like them visually and functionally) bridge strings mute, the 'correct year' thumb rest (visual aesthetic only), remove the Palladino signature decal :D , and switch the strings (I prefer LaBella Jamerson than TI).

But thinking again all of that...If I ever own it, perhaps I'll just let it be like it is originally LOL.

7. zacmac

zacmac

Dec 10, 2012
    I think that real fiesta red looks like this. I have to say that pinos are the closest necks to originals that I have played.

13116632284_7b47e1d916_b.
    IMG_0261
    by TheMcDowell's, on Flickr

bluesdogblues likes this.
  8. lpdeluxe

lpdeluxe Still rockin'

Nov 22, 2004
    Deep E Texas
    I think zacmac is correct. The original fiesta red was mixed for George Fullerton at a local paint store. The current color of that name is a Ford Thunderbird factory color from 1956 (see my avatar).

bluesdogblues likes this.
  9. inthebassclef

Jan 8, 2012
    The necks really are. That is the main reason I always wanted one and was finally able to get one early this year. It is simply the best P I have ever played. Nothing has even come close.

10. I guess if you didn't buy it for the look you can change it any way you want? I'd leave mine stock I think.

11. G00D+~VIBES

G00D+~VIBES

Nov 21, 2008
    Kansas City
    I think those are tug bars, rather than thumb rests.

12. inthebassclef

Jan 8, 2012
    depends on the perspective. It is the same part it just depends where it is placed. Pre-74 they were always in the location it is on the Pino. Post-74 they moved above the strings. It is the same part though. So it is often called both

13. inthebassclef

Jan 8, 2012
    oh an by the way gorgeous tele!