1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Pino Palladino Custom Shop '62 P-bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by mactac, Jun 4, 2014.

1. Price:
    Strings:
    (reposted because the first thread was deleted)

This bass is the smoothest playing bass I've ever had (and it's a P-bass!). I played it in the music store, and it was one of those special copies of an instrument, where you pick it up & instantly regret it because you know you're going to have to buy it, and buy it I did!

Anyways, I'm not really a p-bass person, so it needs to find a new home.

The relic job on this is the best I've seen - it's not overstated & just makes the bass feel comfortable and groovy. small dents, small chips, nothing that looks like those ugly relic jobs where someone took a sander to a bass. It actually seems like it's been used for 50 years... small tool marks o the jack, tiny little paint cracks where a screw goes in, it's really neat.

There is one screw missing from the pickguard, but its a regular Fender screw that's been rusted. I would imagine extremely easy to replace, but I never bothered.
    **Update: new genuine relic replacement screw coming from Fender, will supply to buyer**

There is a dent underneath the pickguard (you can't see it with the pickguard on) where you adjust the truss rod.

The neck is incredible. the wood is smooth and feels really fast. You can get the action extremely low if you want, as the frets are perfect. I haven't played it very much and I'm the original owner.

The case is practically brand new because I don't use the case.

This is "the" bass. I've played a few Pinos, and this one seems to have that magic that the other ones didn't have. I have no idea how to explain it other than that.

I'm selling for $3200 plus shipping. I'll ship anywhere, but anywhere other than US or Canada is going to be expensive (I've checked).

This bass is the best Fender P-Bass you can buy, and has that vibe that old instruments seem to have.

Includes case candy, original custom shop certificate, original (unused) strap, etc.

For trades, I'm *only* interested in:
    - Vintage Jazz. I can toss in a bit of $, or I have extra basses to trade to make up the difference.
    - A good Fender CS/Masterbuilt jazz 4
    - A good copy of a Sadowsky NYC 4.

Qdd9HYd.

RvBBg0U.

SZoZNYC.

74emU4x.

x59vL1Q.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2014
  2. "I dig these" bump!

3. A proper relic'd replacement screw is coming from fender, so it won't be missing a pickguard screw anymore.

4. Baird6869

Baird6869 RIP Gord Downey. A True Canadian Icon.

Holy moley! Gorgeous bass!

5. Private Notion

Private Notion Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Oregon
    So tasty. Wish I had das monies!! GLWTS

6. remcult

remcult Supporting Member

Dec 26, 2012
    New Jersey
    If only I could get this and a new 5er... And a new amp. Maybe I'll just give up eating for a while

7. I do payment plans ;)

8. uptowndirt

uptowndirt Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2008
    Canada
    i always wonder why would someone sell a bass of this caliber, it is this question that makes me want to play one before buying.
    where were you that you had the chance to try out several ?

mactac likes this.
  9. I'm selling it because I bought it as a recording bass, and the band that I was with is no longer together. I'm getting rid of a bunch of recording stuff because I'm not recording anymore really, and I've also got my eye on a great deal on a vintage Fender. I can't really justify buying more (expensive) basses, so I need to sacrifice one to get the other. I don't have any other basses that are worth what this is worth, so this is the one that's got to go unfortunately.

I'm certainly not getting rid of it because it's not an amazing bass. To put it into perspective, I'm also selling my MiniMoog, which I swore I would never, ever sell.

There were never any other Pinos locally here, but I travel extensively for my work, and hit up the music stores whenever I can... !

10. chris.gotfunk

chris.gotfunk

Mar 21, 2007
    Ashburn, Va
    This is very tempting if my Fodera sells... Great bass!

AndrewTaran likes this.
  11. uptowndirt

Feb 16, 2008
    Canada
    let me know if you sell the pino as l am going to try and sell a couple to make this one happen.

12. I'll definitely update the thread when it sell.

I'd consider a deposit to hold it if you think you can sells yours fairly soon....

13. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    Every Pino I've played has been fantastic. Every Pino I've played has been out of my price range. :/

14. I just realized I still have the original flatwound strings that came new with the bass. I took them off when I got the bass & haven't used them since. I'll give them to the buyer.

15. uptowndirt

Feb 16, 2008
    Canada
    sending some photos out to some one , could have the first of three sales on the go.

16. Sounds good, let me know!

17. stevethebassguy

stevethebassguy

Feb 3, 2008
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Endorsing Artist, MonoCase, Aguilar Amplification
    Bump for the best Pbass fender has made to date!! I have one, and prefer it over the all original 67 I own..... Good luck on the sale.

18. davidkook

davidkook

May 21, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    Wow! I want it!
    Please let me know shipping cost.
    I'm in TX, and my zip code is 75075.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2014
  19. PM sent

20. Bass is still available