1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Pino Palladino's Height

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by bassman040, Nov 1, 2006.

1. I was just watching one of the concerts by the John Mayer Trio. And man they were really awesome!! One thing I couldn't help but notice was how tall Pino is, from what I saw, he looked like he was taller than John Mayer who's 6"4 himself. Then I saw this pic

[​IMG]

I did some calculations by the dimensions of the cabs which were Epifani T212 and Ashdown 8X10, approximating them to be about 20 inches and 45 inches respectively, which didn't make sense that adds up to 5"4, odd! Anybody met Pino or gone up close before? Maybe you can help me fill my curiosity!!

2. The amp looks like it's on a riser of some sort, and Pino isn't.

3. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I heard he can touch the moon.

4. ArwinH

ArwinH run rabbit run

Dec 1, 2005
    Southern California
    [​IMG]

122870059_ee75774232_m.jpg

I'm guessing, if john mayer is 6'4", pino is about 6"7

5. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    I read a while ago that Pino is 6' 5", about the same as Stanley Clarke. I just know he's tall and plays great bass!:bassist:

6. He makes his basses look shortscale.

And I likes this.
  7. he is about 6'6'' (same height as my brother in law)...I am 5'8" and standing next to him it feels like I have to look damn near straight up to look him in the eye! LOL!

Peace,

T

8. markjazzbassist

markjazzbassist Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Lakewood, OH
    it seems like a lot of bass players are tall. pino is the man.

9. Whoa!! 6'7" he is!! And I love his playing!! Really happy to see such a tall guy laying such terrific basslines!! Thanks ArwinH for those pics, they help heaps!!

Cause I'm 6'3" myself and I feel like i'm sticking out of everybody whenever I play with my band which is weird, everybody's like 5'10" or under! Any of you ever get that?

Pino Rocks!!!

10. Mojo-Man

Mojo-Man

Feb 11, 2003
    :cool:
    I'a 6"4.
    Mayer is 6"3.
    Pino is about 6"5- 6'"5 1/2.

11. slackdaddy

slackdaddy

Mar 1, 2004
    Athens, GA
    Endorsing Artist: David Eden Amplifiers / Rob Wave Custom basses
    I don't believe that John Mayer is 6'3". Maybe I am wrong but when I worked one of his shows he was definitely shorter than I.

12. Lazylion

Lazylion Goin ahead on wit my bad self!

Jan 25, 2006
    Frederick MD USA
    I never get that, probably because I'm 5'10".
    (My drummer and girl singer are shorter than me :D )

13. need4mospd

need4mospd

Dec 22, 2005
    Houston
    It's the perspective the photo was taken. If the camera is about 5ft above his head and 35ft away and he is standing about 15ft in front of the cabinets, his head would appear to be the same height as the cabinets. :D

14. need4mospd

need4mospd

Dec 22, 2005
    Houston
    The last lead singer I was with was 6ft even, same as me. Except she wore 4 inch heels. :eek:

I felt short. :(

15. 62bass

62bass

Apr 3, 2005
    He may be wearing special shoes to make himself look taller.

Ant Illington likes this.
  16. ElMon

ElMon Supporting Member

May 30, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Further evidence that Chewbacca is indeed a bassplayer, and periodically shaves his fur to play with John Mayer.

17. RudeMood

RudeMood Sadowsky and stuff. Supporting Member

Nov 7, 2004
    Austin, TX
    The current Bass Player mag features Pino and there is a pic of him walking in a crowd with his head high above everyone else - I have heard he is 6.6-6.7" Very tall whatever the actual height is.

18. MarkMyWordsXx

MarkMyWordsXx

May 17, 2006
    im 6'1 and im the shortest in my band

19. BassGreaser

BassGreaser

Aug 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    man I feel short compared to Pino...I'm only 5'6:oops:

20. I played in an acoustic group in which I was the shortest....I'm 6'3", and the guitarest and banjo player were both 6'5". The banjo player was also my girlfriend at the time.