Pino Sig. bass tone cap value?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by jazz3625tonic, Feb 19, 2010.

1. jazz3625tonic

jazz3625tonic Supporting Member

Sep 28, 2003
    Canada
    I'm sure someone out there owns the Fender Pino Sig. Bass...... and was wondering if anyone that owns one ever took a peek under the pickguard to see what value the tone capacitor was? Just wondering. Thanks!

2. Absolutely no idea, but I'm guessing that it's probably the standard 0.047uF.

3. jazz3625tonic

Sep 28, 2003
    Canada
    Hmmmm....... someone in the Fender world must know the answer to this. :confused:

4. I would like to know this as well. Not to take away from the OP. but i was also wondering about the cap. difference of Lakland JO and Lakland DJ. The DJ seems a bit brighter to me. Just wondering and did'nt want to start a new thread.

5. Willicious

Willicious Supporting Member

Feb 24, 2008
    Bend, Oregon
    there's a pino bass club here.
    check in with them.

6. willsellout

willsellout Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2002
    Fort Wayne, IN
    As I understand it, the lower the cap value the lower the freq cutoff. For instance I have a .047 on my neck because I want the cutoff to be higher, and I have a .022 on the bridge because I want a bit more out of my J pickup. I could be wrong though.

7. jazz3625tonic

Sep 28, 2003
    Canada
    Good idea. Thanks!

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 13, 2021