1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Pipoquinha, 13 yo 6 strings bass player from Brazil- very cool

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by No4PCs, Jan 20, 2012.

1. Garret Graves

Garret Graves website- ggravesmusic.com Gold Supporting Member

May 20, 2010
    Arcadia, Ca
    That kid rocks! A great sense of groove, nice melodic solo. A great talent- I hope he keeps it up and we will see a lot of great things from that kid!
    Man, it makes you wonder where super talent like that comes from. Not only does he clearly love playing, but maybe he has the attitude that 'it's easy' to play like that. Most people watch Jaco or other bass 'gods' and think 'man I could never play like that it'll take years to even approach that.' but here this kid pulls it off! We should all have a childlike attitude or approach and try to convince ourselves that "it's easy"- relax and enjoy the groove. Way to go kid- I'm a fan!

2. Oh, sure my friend. You can find more "pipoquinha" videos on youtube. He is popular here in Brazil...
    more here
    Pipoquinha - Festival Baixo Brasil Fortaleza - YouTube
    :hyper:

3. Mike M.

Mike M.

Feb 14, 2010
    I've had about enough for one week. Hearing both this fine young man and Henrik Linder is enough to make me quit! Man, I suck!

Really, I tip my hat to the both of them. Very well done!