1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Pirastro Chorda Gut Carlos Henriquez strings

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Bass Amps, Strings, & Accessories' started by lowEndRick, Jul 12, 2018.

1. lowEndRick

lowEndRick Supporting Member

Apr 8, 2006
    CT
    Price:
    $200
    I have a well used set of Pirastro Chorda Gut Carlos Henriquez strings. These were actually Carlos' strings. He had them on his bass when he brought his bass in for service. He swapped out his strings and told the luthier to keep the gut strings. I used the same luthier as Carlos at the time and he put this gut string set on my Kay bass when I purchased it 3 years ago.

I loved the way the Kay sounded with the guts, but I found the diameters of the E and A a little thick for my preference. I tried some other guts and synthetics (also about to go on sale) before realizing I am most comfortable with steel. So, my experimentation was expensive, but I am glad to have tried it and experience the gut feel and sound.

A new set is $625. This set sounds great and is still fully playable. Because of the wear, I am offering the set and a ridiculously low price of $200 shipped.

I will add pictures later today.

2. lowEndRick

Apr 8, 2006
    CT
    CarlosSet.

3. lowEndRick

Apr 8, 2006
    CT
    E and A CarlosEandA.

4. lowEndRick