1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Pirastro Evah Pirazzi G string issue

Discussion in 'Strings [DB]' started by Reuven Holzer, Apr 30, 2019.

1. Just this week I replaced my old strings on the up right Bass with Pirastro Evah Pirazzi (Orchestral gauge).
    after two days I find that the G string is less stable than the three others.
    When in long Legato (8/8 in 60 quarters per minute) the string becomes "scratchy" (sound becomes like "scratching") and some times losses its tune. Especially when I apply more pressure on the bow.
    My experience is with "Spirocore" strings. This is the first time I use a synthetic core string.
    Is there is any one who used Evah pirazzi strings in the past or today - and can shed some light over this issue.
    t

2. wathaet

wathaet

May 27, 2007
    Don’t press, nice free bowspeed.
    Make sure to have very solid left hand contact.
    Possibly have a look at the soundpost.
    IMO with the orch gauge, you could look at a slightly higher saddle for lower tension on the top.

Reuven Holzer and Selim like this.
  3. Sam Dingle

Sam Dingle Supporting Member

Aug 16, 2011
    Tallahassee
    I’ve heard of that happening with evahs. You just gotta break in the string.

Each set of strings requires a slightly different touch so you have to adapt to the string a little when you try something new. Which is why I wanna stop changing them...

4. It's worse with the medium gauge I think.
    They're more rigid and take more time breaking in.

Reuven Holzer and Selim like this.
  5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 2, 2021