1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Pirastro Evah Pirazzi

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by Reuven Holzer, Apr 29, 2019.

1. Just this week I replaced my old strings on the up right Bass with Pirastro Evah Pirazzi (Orchestral gauge).
    after two days I find that the G string is less stable than the three others.
    When in long Legato (8/8 in 60 quarters per minute) the string becomes "cracky" and some times losses its tune. Especially when I apply more pressure on the bow.
    My experience is with Spiro core strings. This is the first time I use a synthetic core string.
    Is there is any one who used Evah pirazzi strings in the past or today - and can shed some light over this issue.
    thank you

2. Might have more luck posting over in the double bass section.

Welcome to TB.

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 27, 2021