1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  3. We are aware of an issue affecting search results for classifieds searches and advanced search functions.  Actively working on a fix, thanks for your patience!

SOLD Pirastro Oliv G String

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Bass Amps, Strings, & Accessories' started by Sam Dingle, Apr 10, 2016.

1. Sam Dingle

Sam Dingle Supporting Member

Aug 16, 2011
    Tallahassee
    Price:
    $60
    This is a great string. I truly enjoy it. Heres why I took it off:

The string worried me intonation wise. It was very solid but my brain was always thinking "is it out of tune?" In reality I would tune it at the beginning of the set. Not worth stressing for me.

It didn't quite match the Evah Weich I had it with. Pizz it was beautiful but left something to be desired Arco.

I would do $60. There are no breaks in the winding at the moment, but a small "bend" where it went over the bridge. Will trade for Plain gut D/G or a set of Spirocores.

2. SamuelHarris

SamuelHarris Supporting Member

Jul 26, 2009
    Detroit MI USA
    PMed

3. DC Bass

DC Bass Supporting Member

Mar 28, 2010
    Washington DC
    You no likey Oliv arco? I thought they were great! One's mileage may vary, as usual, of course...

bskts247 likes this.
  4. Sam Dingle

Sam Dingle Supporting Member

Aug 16, 2011
    Tallahassee
    It didn't fit with the Evahs. I had to alter my technique slightly when on it. The weich g feels great again.

DC Bass likes this.
  5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 21, 2021