Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Pissed off and stupid

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by seansbrew, Dec 30, 2004.

1. seansbrew

seansbrew Supporting Member

Oct 23, 2000
    Mesa AZ.
    Just looking to vent a little here, so here it goes. I had some guests at my home this evening and served up some Martinis, and other mixed drinks, and among my guests was one stranger that I welcomed into my home and treated well. This stranger was a new girlfriend of a friend of mine.
    After drinks at my house we all went to go see the Reverend Horten Heat play at the Marquee Theatre, we had a great time and all went well. At the end of the show The Rev ( James Heath, I think his name is) threw out a pick ( It hit me in the leg) and I could not find it on the floor.
    A second later, he threw another one out and it hit me in the chest and bounced right into my hand.
    After seeing the Rev play for a period of ten years It was a trip that I happened to catch his pick.
    We left the show, made our way out to the parking lot and drove off. We were all in the same car when I revealed what I had caught( Now mind you, I am not a collecter of things like autographs and pictures of celebs).
    When I revealed what had happened, the girl who was new to the group ,( my friends new girlfriend) asked if she could see the pick.
    Not thinking that there would be any funny business I handed the pick over to her ( she was sitting int the back seat) so she could see it.
    And all of the sudden, ( wouldn't you know it) she dropped the pick and could not find it anywhere.
    We arrived at my house ( about ten minutes ago) and with flashlights, could not find the pick anywhere in the entire vehicle, ( it simply vanished).
    Now I am not a little kid who is going to spend anymore time ( than I already have) crying about the fact that this person wanted something so bad ( a stupid plastic pick)that she was willing to lie about it.
    But if it's one thing I can't stand it's a lying theif.
    As of yet, the pick is still missing ( as per cellphone updates).

2. Well..the first one "vanished" also...

when she said she lost it ,could you "tell" she was lying?

Ex: " :eek: Oopsie...I've happened to drop the pick into the Abyss of your back seat,sorry"

I wouldnt accuse her...it could get you on bad terms with not only her,but your friend(whos her boyfriend)

3. seansbrew

Oct 23, 2000
    Mesa AZ.
    I have no proof of anything and could be barking up the wrong tree for all I know ( AHHHHH, the thinking of someone who's cooled down) . I don't want to risk ruining the relationship of a friend over something as menial as this, however , I think she was lying.

4. seansbrew

Oct 23, 2000
    Mesa AZ.
    And by the way, thanks for replying to what I thought I should just delete and not post and go to bed and just forget about.

5. Eyescream

Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    First: Reverend Horton Heat puts on one of the most fun shows I've ever seen. I've been twice and I'd happily go ever time they're in town. Last time I went, I got to say hello to and shake Jimbo's hand, and that just about made my night.

Second: She's a tool if she really did steal a pick and lie about it. Especially being new to the group and being that willing already to upset the group dynamic like that. She sucks.

Third: What kind of car do you have? It might legitimately been lost. Did you pull the backseat out and check under the cushions? If not, check there as I've had small things slip down past the buckle in my 240SX's rear seat.

6. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Always remember it is better to be pissed off than pissed on.

:eyebrow:

7. Eyescream

Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    A caveat: But If you're going to get pissed off, nothing makes a statement like pissing on the people that screw your day up.

8. RicPlaya

RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    Whitmoretucky MI
    Did you check and make sure you still had all your silverware? Well I would look in the seats themselves,maybe it fell down behind the back seat. Cars can eat little things like that, but eventually with a good enough search you will know the truth.

9. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    True, very true. :D

10. seansbrew

Oct 23, 2000
    Mesa AZ.
    The pick has not shown up as of yet and I have since let it go. I am just glad that I didn't jeoperdize the relationship with my friend by calling his new girlfriend a liar. It would would have been easy to do, especially when your swimming in gin from all those Martini's, but I resisted. If the pick shows up, I'll be forced to post a picture in the forum, but then again if you guys know what it looks like,................. you might try to steal it, there will be hoards of TBers trying to get in my house to take my special pick, I'll have to think about it. :p

11. Transverz

Transverz believer of the Low End Theory

May 3, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Good call on not screaming "LIAR! THIEF!". With no proof, the minute you start all the accusations, the pick will magically appear right before your very eyes in the place you looked for it at least 10,000,000 times before and you will undoubtedly look like the biggest @SS this side of @ssville.

I've done stuff like that, and oh man, is that tough to swallow (the embarassment, not the @ss part :ninja: )

But throwing her an attitude every now and then doesn't hurt much of anybody and I'd say she owes you at least that much for having it "disappear" on her. :rollno:

-T

*edit* and sorry, that reminds me, this IS entirely possible as I bought two little buttons (pins?) of a band called the Dollyrots here in L.A. and the moment I sat down in the car, I felt and even partly SAW them roll out of my pocket. "No problem" I thought and began to look for them. I found one. The other one is absolutely NOWHERE as in it might as well of sailed into the Bermuda Triangle. It's been 2 months and I still contemplate going to the dealership to get the seats removed to find this stinkin' button just out of principal alone. Then again, I'm not THAT stupid...

(but I'm damn close though...)

12. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Strip and body cavity search is in order I think.

13. seansbrew

Oct 23, 2000
    Mesa AZ.
    The saga of the missing Reverend Horton Heat pick is now at rest, here is what happened.
    After a long vacation I finally returned to work today, along with the rest of my crew which includes the two friends I went to the concert with. As I walk in the door of my workplace my friend Rob ( whos girlfriend I was suspicious of stealing my pick) produced the missing pick from his shirt pocket and handed it too me. As I stand there looking at the pick I am already thinking........... " I knew it".
    Rob proceeds to tell me that two days after the concert his girfriend was digging around in her purse for some make-up when she saw the magical disapearing pick. She concluded that she must have accidently dropped the pick into her purse after I had handed it to her. She said, "I hope he does not think I tried to steal the pick" :rolleyes:
    Anyway, I have the pick now and all is well, maybe it was a freak accicent and the pick did fall into her purse, or maybe guilt got the best of her, whatever the case, I will never know but I did know that she had it :eyebrow:

14. DaftCat

DaftCat

Jul 26, 2004
    Medicine Hat
    The smallest of things cause the largest animosity.

15. no4mk1

no4mk1

Feb 21, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    (Tommy Chong)Heaaaavy Maaaan...(/Tommy Chong) :p

16. Have you heard the Reverend???? I would beat a starving hobo with a salmon for a drop of the Reverend's sweat! :D

17. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    It's always in the last place you look...

Seeing the title of this thread, I thought that you were talking about my new book coming out in the fall of 2005.

Attached Files:

18. Thats a scary picture, thats not really what you look like is it??? Some kind of Big Foot - Jay Leno love child?????

19. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    For your information, Jay Leno is my mortal enemy... Big Foot... is a tasty pizza.

That's just my gigging look (when I'm guitarin' in my metal band) I'm going to have to put the MP3 up... unless the vocalist finally gets the video to me.

But it's all part of the look... plus too contrasty black and white...

... plus a wig

... plus a bunch of stupid gear

... plus rolling my eyes in the back of my head.

... boo.