1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Pitch pirate

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by flakeh, Jun 23, 2007.

1. flakeh

flakeh Inactive

Apr 21, 2007
    Ontario, Canada
    Hello, I'm trying to find some info about the Pitch pirate, Firstly, what is its main function? I'm new to the concepts of pitch shifter and all that.

secondly, Who makes it?

sorry for my incompetence, I'm the new guy

2. 343 Salty Beans

343 Salty Beans

Jan 24, 2006
    A pitch pirate is a crazy vibrato.

A vibrato is basically something that takes your signal and modulates it up and down in pitch. It usually has a rate knob, which allows you to control how fast it modulates up and down. It also usually has a depth knob, determining how far away from the original note it will sweep back and forth. The pitch pirate shifts really far, and is mostly for making noise. Here's a link to the product description (naughty words in it), which includes sound samples.

http://www.noisefx.com/product_details/midfi_electronics_pitch_pirate_fx0253

3. i really love my pitch pirate, it's a crazy chorus and vibrato.

You get 4 controls on it:

Speed
    Wave Shape (goes from a harsh one to a smooth one?)
    Chorus --> Vibrato blend, goes from chorus at one end and vibrato at the other, with mixtures of both inbetween. (older models have a flick switch for chorus or vibrato)
    Depth can get very very crazy

I keep mine in the loop of my Barge Concepts VFB-2, works brilliantly with the feedback loop.

4. jucas

jucas

Dec 14, 2003
    Alberta
    Hmmm... they used to have a pretty weak description of the pitch pirate up. It actually sounds a lot more entertaining than I thought initially... it gets close to whole octave "vibrato"... I'm impressed.

(is it bad tht I feel like I'm derailing a thread by posting something related to the original topic?) I mean... yeah, you think you missed your initiation/beating, but watch out for mysticboo... you think your safe, then you meet that billyclub

5. Sir Edward V

Sir Edward V Not Actually Knighted... Yet!

Dec 11, 2006
    Massachusetts
    I didn't know there was a hall of fame.

6. David Wilson

David Wilson Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    it's buried deep in the old Tin Pan Alley (TPA) forum, you need to know the secret handshake to get in.

In seriousness, I just spend part of my valuable free time cleaning this thread down from 3 pages to 6 posts. If any of you see posts that violate tb rules, use 'report post'.

We now return you to your previously scheduled 'pitch pirate' thread...

7. flakeh

flakeh Inactive

Apr 21, 2007
    Ontario, Canada
    Thank you kind sir.

Who makes this pedal is so far an unanswered question?

8. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    midfi electronics :)

9. Mid-Fi Electronics.

10. grygrx

grygrx Lookout! Here comes the Fuzz!

Dec 24, 2003
    Columbia, MO
    Quote from when I first got mine 10-1-2006

Stone cold sober, I stand behind that statement. There are some bass samples in this post. There is quite a bit of hiss in the recording, that was from my extemely bad setup at the time and NOT the pedal. It's the only pedal that hasn't moved off my board in the last 6 months.

11. flakeh

flakeh Inactive

Apr 21, 2007
    Ontario, Canada
    Thanks for the sound clip and all thine info guys:)

12. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 22, 2021