pitch shifters and octave pedals!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by stompfrog, Jan 28, 2005.

1. Does anyone know of any good pedals which add higher octaves not just lower octaves?

Zvex johnny octave sounds funny, i'm not convinced it would work on bass. digitech bass whammy is hard to find and expensive.

Is there anything cheap and easy to get hold of??
  2. lucas vigor

lucas vigor Banned

Sep 2, 2004
    Orange County, Ca,
    I also never understood why most bass octave effects allways go down, instead of up.

All the ones that go up, like the EBS uni-bass are expensive.

There are no cheap ones. :crying:
  3. I am not familiar with ebs. where can i find out more. has anyone used this uni-bass pedal?
  4. NioeZero

Sep 2, 2001
    Akai, not EBS, makes the Unibass. I'm pretty sure that it's been discontinued, so good luck finding one. Try eBay, Gbase, that sort of thing. You can use the search function on this website to find info on it, its been discussed quite a bit.

EBS makes two different octave pedals, but they're both octave down pedals.

EHX makes an octave pedal called the POG (Polyphonic Octave Generator) that allows for one octave up, two octaves up, and one octave down. Might want to look into that one, as well.
  5. Melvin7822

Melvin7822 Supporting Member

May 11, 2004
    Broomfield, CO
    For what it's worth a regular Digitech Whammy will work on bass. It's frequency response is 20Hz to 12 kHz with the effect on. Plus if that's not enough for you it has a dry output as well so you can blend clean and detuned sounds.

Also, you can try the Boss PS-5. I've seen some bassists use them from time to time. Christian McBride uses one in fact.

And of course, if you really have money to blow, there's the Electro-Harmonix POG as previously stated.

So what are you waiting for? Go try 'em out! :)