Pity me

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by bassteban, Jul 25, 2013.

1. At a friend's place, HUNDREDS of miles from home. Roadtrip/vacay... middle of the night, I am spewing from both ends. Trying not to wake anyone... thinking food poisoning.

2. Yeah...yeah, you should probably just slip off into the night and walk home, before you wake anyone.

3. ErebusBass

ErebusBass

Feb 20, 2008
    Madison, WI
    Deleted. Hope you feel better.

4. blastoff99

blastoff99 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Dec 17, 2011
    SW WA, USA
    Being sick like that is bad enough. Being sick like that in a motel hundreds of miles from home is worse. Being sick like that at a friend's house, no matter where, is worse yet.

Yes, you have my pity.

I hope they have more than one bathroom....

5. 1958Bassman

1958Bassman

Oct 20, 2007
    How could he possibly reach from one to the other? :bag:

6. blastoff99

blastoff99 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Dec 17, 2011
    SW WA, USA
    The homeowners are going to need the second bathroom because he's probably not in a position (as it were) to leave the first one....

7. Ziltoid

Ziltoid I don't play bass

Apr 10, 2009
    Canada
  8. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    This thread totally reminds me of the wilser thread.

-Mike

9. IPA

IPA

May 5, 2010
    I have the worst luck with food poisoning, seems like about once a year for the last 10 years, I feel for you!

10. SJLee

SJLee Supporting Member

Nov 7, 2007
    NoVA
    That sucks. :atoz:

I think blastoff99 hit the nail on the head with his comment.

11. OK, got some sleep, after losing everything I'd eaten for maybe a month... I won't go into detail, but it was rough. My 3 kids AND the hosts' 2 are next door as I'm playing vomit-breathing dragon, Im crawling in and out of bed w/wife(sleeping the sleep of the dead, fortunately). Having toast now... Thinking I'm done, having fored the spew-gun for a few hours. Be careful what you eat, people. ;)

12. PM me whatever you said- Im laughing now, no harm. :D

13. Mike M.

Mike M.

Feb 14, 2010
    I feel your pain. I've only had food poisoning once and that was more than enough. When I was working nights I ate a turkey sandwich at 4:30 AM. Tasted fine. Got home and to bed at 7:30 in the morning (still felt fine), woke up at 9 in the morning.....thought I had the WORST flu I ever had in my life. The "flu" lasted 4 days and the after effects lasted for a few months. Really, it tore my stomach up something fierce.

A few weeks later I read in the paper that some tainted turkey made it's way to the Kroger deli's in my area....and the store I shopped and bought the turkey at was on the list.

Get better soon!

14. RED J

RED J Lol

Jan 23, 2000
    Been there twice. No sicker can you get. Butt on the toilet, pot on the floor. Both directions at once. Speedy recovery.

15. BenBL

BenBL

Jun 25, 2012
    I feel you brother, I've had the same exact experience. Some of the most pain I've ever felt.

Get better quickly!!

16. Thanks, TB bros- lying about, trying to recover so we can do some fun stuff. What's to do in Loveland, Colorado? :cool:

17. Ziltoid

Ziltoid I don't play bass

Apr 10, 2009
    Canada
    Love. Giggity giggity.

18. Ain't no love or LOVIN when you got de bile-breath

19. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    I can't even remember the last time I threw up.

-Mike

20. Im jealous

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 23, 2021