Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Pix pls: green bods + scratchies

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Zerozeddy, Jul 21, 2005.

1. One of the things I love about this forum is that you lot all understand the value of STUFF and GEAR and stick up loads of pictures of nice, shiny and expensive THINGS.

So: I'm getting a cheapo Strat copy to keep my g**t*r-playing from going rusty, and it's dark green ("moss" green) with a white scratchplate. Now white scratchplates always make me think of cheapo Strat copies, when combined with dull dull dull white/black/red bodies. Hence I'm thinking of perking it up a bit with a new non-white scratchplate.

Let's see examples of green basses (or g**t*rs) with scratchplates to give me some ideas. I like tortoiseshell but am not sure it'll go. Black's probably a safe bet. Alternatively if anyone wants to give evidence of white actually looking quite good...

2. smperry

smperry Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Martin Keith Guitars
  3. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Here's a nice Valenti!

[​IMG]

4. tbader

tbader

Jun 29, 2005
    Here's a photoshop I did of a Warmoth strat I wanted to build a while ago. As a matter of fact, I was going to build a matching Deluxe Jazz 5, both with highly figured birdseye maple necks/fingerboards, and matching green flame headstocks.

[​IMG]

Pretty, eh? :cool:

-Todd-

5. Oo, lovely - don't think any colour of plate could spoil THAT finish.

6. alembicfive

alembicfive

Jan 17, 2003
    USA
  7. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Very Pretty.

8. JohnBarr

JohnBarr

Mar 19, 2004
    Central NY
    Someone on this board bought a custom Carvin about a year ago (?) with a green-to-black burst. Now hold your knee-jerk reaction becase it came out looking pretty good. But I couldn't locate the thread in the archives. So if anyone knows where it is, please post the link.

Thanks,

John