Pixies anyone?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by moltar858, Nov 1, 2003.

1. Anyone here like the band "The Pixies" or "Frank Black and the Catholics":confused:
  2. Gabe

Jan 21, 2003
    Has anyone here heard of The Pixies or Frank Black and the Catholics?

Fill me in, but first, in my never ending quest to help the mods make talkbassing safer...

Catch you in misc.
  3. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I'm a Pixies fan from years back. Surfer Rosa was my favorite Pixies album. Saw them open for U2 back in maybe '90 or so. Basically went to that concert because of the Pixies. Good stuff.

brad cook
  4. Great stuff man, i've been a fan for a while.
  5. Gabe

Jan 21, 2003
    So...what kind of music. I don't think I had ever heard of them until now.
  6. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Im a fan too.

Its good music, download a song or two then buy that albums when you realize they rock.

7. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    They're one of the earlier forms of alternative/grunge/whatever rock. Kurt Cobain admitted to ripping them off many, many times. That should give you some clue as to what you are getting into. ;) Having said that, I would still rather listen to the Pixies. :D
  8. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    The only album I've heard is Death to the PIxies...it's pretty good.
  9. when I heard "headache" by Frank Black I could have sworn it was World Party....
  10. i was just learning how to play "here comes your man" on guitar.............
  11. For more information, try searching www.allmusic.com. It's a super-fantastic music encyclopedia.
  12. erik II

erik II

Jul 11, 2000
    Oslo, Norway
    Me too. I still have 'Surfer Rosa' and 'Doolittle' on medium to heavy rotation after all these years. Pillars in the history of guitar rock... :D

Any reunion news?