Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by rickbass, Jul 21, 2001.

1. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

A little flash for not too much cash.

Found this Fireboard Fret Laser. (Wish I had one for the cave we played in tonight).

You can mount it on your headstock and it will light up your fingers/fretboad wherever you move along the neck as well as your controls.

I's $80, (about 56 pounds sterling). Runs on a 9V battery unit that mounts on the backside of the headstock.
  2. hmm, can you show a pic of the unit itself?
  3. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Check the link I included with that post, kick. They have a bunch and tells you "it installs in seconds."
  4. tucker

tucker Guest

Jan 21, 2001
    North Carolina
    I just got this Fretlaser in the mail today and was very excited. I'll admit it is pretty cool but I wish I hadn't done it. Its small and easy to install but its not as cool as the picture. You need two in order to make it work completely on both sides and installng it takes more than minute depending on the type of bass that you have. My advice save the 100 bucks and by something else. Although I have had some wows latley about it.
  5. It wouldn't work on a fretless, would it?
  6. tucker

tucker Guest

Jan 21, 2001
    North Carolina
    Well it's just a laser that shines down the fretboard so yes it would work. Just because the word fret is in the name doesn't mean that its only limited to that. To be honest it is pretty cool. Many people complimented me on my laser and were astonished. I think it is fun to use. But the wjole point of the laser isn't just for show. It is used to help reduce finger movement and better playing motion. There is a science behind the laser. It's not used to show off to friends. Although when I first bought it I thought it would be fun to play with. And it is as well as a teaching tool.
  7. Wow! That's the coolest bass accessory I've ever seen! ....hmmm It's also the only one, I think...

*runs off to shop to buy one*
  8. And on the website, it recommends having one on the bridge; surely if you have your pickups set high, then it won't shine past that?