1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

pizzicato chords..

Discussion in 'Jazz Technique [DB]' started by ellen28, Apr 14, 2006.

  1. ellen28


    Jan 23, 2006
    London, England
    If you have chords that are pizzicato, you can separate them, or not. I'm writing and essay comparing two recordings of the Hindemith sonata but I can't describe the two different techniques (either plucking each string with a different finger at the same time, or playing each string separately, like strumming) in a short and easy way. Do they have actually names? Or is my description above the best it gets?
    Thanks, El
  2. Phil Smith

    Phil Smith Mr Sumisu 2 U

    May 30, 2000
    Peoples Republic of Brooklyn
    Creator of: iGigBook for Android/iOS
    The word you're looking for is: arpeggiated or arpeggio.

  3. ellen28


    Jan 23, 2006
    London, England
    Thanks! I knew it would be something obvious! They're not very scalic arpeggios, but it should still work. Is there any type of name given to when all the notes are played together? More of a named pizzicato technique than it just being a chord?

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.