PJ Pups - Degree of Difficulty: Bass tuned CGCF

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by DanGouge, Jan 27, 2009.

1. DanGouge

DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    Canada!
    I've found out that I might need to tune my long-running project bass CGCF at least on a temporary basis. Any PJ sets that work well with that amount of detuning?

Bonus: any onboard preamps that can do the same?

2. bassguitarded

bassguitarded Inactive

Oct 23, 2008
    i have an emg-p in that tuning it sounds great(compared to stock PU) so i guess i would recommend their pj set but what really did the trick for me was getting a custom string set to match a med gauge feel at those notes. i used daddario's string tension guide to help me choose my set. here's a link:http://www.daddario.com/Resources/JDCDAD/images/tension_chart.pdf

3. I think it'll be an issue of setup as opposed to what pickups you use. What kind of sound are you going for?

4. DanGouge

DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    Canada!
    I might to sub in my friend's post-hardcore/metal band while his regular bassist gets surgery. It's not definite, but I'm sort of laying the groundwork to see what I need if I get the call (it would be sometime this spring).

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 17, 2021