PJB Bass Buddy video review

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Psychicpet, Oct 23, 2006.

1. Psychicpet

Psychicpet Guest

Mar 13, 2004
    Friend and Endorsee of Larry
    Hi guys,
    Here's a little bit I did about the Bass Buddy

PJB BASS BUDDY vid

hope you dig it, lemme know your thoughts.

cheers!

pd

2. smperry

smperry Administrator Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Thanks man! Looks good, sounds good. I didn't think of using it as a mixer like that...pretty slick.

Marshall

3. avid

avid born lefty

Jun 22, 2005
    Ashland, Oregon USA
    Yo Pete,

Nice work, very interesting and thanks for taking the time to put the review up. I liked the background music as well.

4. thanks for the info+1

5. great review, 2 questions what is that second red bass?
    and what cables are you using to conect your bass to your bass buddy? they are huge!!!
    Great Review when can we see some more ?
    Dan

6. Psychicpet

Psychicpet Guest

Mar 13, 2004
    Hey thanks Dan!
    The red bass is an '81 Vantage Avenger that i bought 2 weeks ago for $250 CDN!!!!! and sounds great! :hyper: (my first ever pawn shop bass)
    As ofr the cables, it's a PJB BI-20 cable:
    [​IMG]

and hopefully in Nov. there will be much more in the area of reviews on the OVRDRVN.COM pages @ YouTube.

thanks again!

pete

7. BartmanPDX

BartmanPDX Supporting Member

Great review, and I love the music!

8. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Thinkin about getting one of these. I would use it as a headphone amp and as well as a pre/power amp when I hook it up to a cab for practice. Question: If it is run through an 8 ohm cab, would it be loud enough, or should it be run through a 4 ohm cab?

9. Psychicpet

Psychicpet Guest

Mar 13, 2004
    the back says 8ohm but the instruction booklet says 4ohm ....

BUT!

hold on 'til NAMM.... :bag:

there might be some fun stuff to go with the 'Buddy there :ninja:

It does also say that the Buddy is great for using hi-end home audio speakers but ya, I'm assuming that 10watts is great for desktop practicing but that'd be about it... I shall pursue this thought Figgy, I'll try finding some speakers to hook it up to and get a vid up in the next little bit.

pete

10. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Groovy. Main reason being I know that I am going to need a headphone amp as well as a practice amp in the future, and if this can do both, thatd be great.

11. 250CND?!!!
    what a find congrats any more pics of it?

that cable looks expensive............. really expensive:bag:

12. Thanks for doing that... very informative. It seems like a nice piece of gear. I don't quite get the 10 watt power amp though. Seems relatively useless. I'd like to see a 40 watt+ version that could at least drive a cab at 'practice' volumes... or better yet an even smaller unit with the power amp removed.

13. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    +1 on both accounts.

14. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Cool review- thanks for putting it up. I love my Bass Buddy- it's the clean preamp in my mini stereo rig- great compressor as well.

15. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 23, 2021