1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

PJB Piranaha style amps

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by trb6pJM2, Aug 13, 2007.

1. These 16 or even 24 by 5 amps have me... frankly confounded. They seem like they would be amazing, the explanation is clear, lots of small speakers, quick and responsive. but. has anyone here played/own them. I would really like to know more about them, thanks.

2. redstrand

redstrand Supporting Member

May 18, 2007
    Saint Louis, MO
    Fool For Four Strings
    You want clear nad wonderful tone...these are the amps. I played some at Fazio's here in Saint Louis, was blown away by how clear the amp was, I could clearly hear the differences in each bass and hear the changes when dialing up the knobs.
    They are expensive, but I think well worth the investment. By the the time I learn enough Bass, I'll buy one of these...it's the tone I have in my head.

3. seamonkey

seamonkey

Aug 6, 2004
    Very heavy - wait for the Neo's

Ignore what something looks like. Pretend it's behind a black curtain. The size of the drivers doesn't matter, overall design does.

4. redstrand

redstrand Supporting Member

May 18, 2007
    Saint Louis, MO
    Fool For Four Strings
    +1 for Seamonkey. Don't look at it...just plug in and see what happens. Wait for the Neo's as Monkey said.