1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

PJB Super Flightcase v. Suitcase Bass Combo? Help?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by joshuasanders, Apr 2, 2015.

1. Need some advice . . . have played on the rare PJB amp that I have come across and I would now like to get one for practice (w/ drummer) and small gigs.

I am eyeing a Suitcase Bass Combo for sale here on TB, but I am also considering a locally sourced Super Flightcase . . .

Understanding the weight differences and wattage (200 v. 250) is there a consensus or greater opinion as to either of these amps and their ability to hold up with a drummer, an acoustic guitar, an electric guitar, and vocals for practicing/small gigs?

I primarily play a Steinberger XL-2A, and I like the pure bass sound (more low and almost no treble).

I am also looking for a a double four or briefcase for my own practice amp since everyone is free to dream . . .

Any and all thoughts would be, by me, appreciated . . .

JDS