Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Place like Talk bass for guitars?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Tpu2, Nov 6, 2003.

1. Tpu2

Tpu2

Oct 19, 2002
    I was wondering if there was a place for guitarist thats like talkbass for bassist. I'm looking at getting an acustic electric and learning to play that to make myself more of a rounded musician. I'm trying to figure out what guitar to get. Usaully, I would try a bunch of diffrent ones, but there is only one music store with in 45 min. of me and they only stock Yamahas. I'm looking to spend around $600. I've read good things about the Alvarez PD80SC. Can you guys help any? Any imput would be greatly appreciated :) . Thanks.

2. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    I wish there were nicer forums for guitarists. Truth be told, TB is such a nice place because of the high caliber for moderators, the mature attitude, and the rules that keep everyone in check. If you check a lot of other forums, they've got more freedom of expression (i.e., swearing and obscenity), but usually a lack of coherent/intelligent responses, and a lot more crap to wade through to get to the good stuff. I have yet to find a guitar forum like TB.

Harmony-Central is the only other bass forum I have posted at, and they have some decent guitar forums, too. www.harmony-central.com

3. Funkize you

Funkize you Guest

Nov 4, 2003
    Westminster Ca.
    I agree, I have only been here a few days and I LOVE IT. Its perfect, Good answers, Smart People (spare a few) good conversation.

This is like a Bassist's Heaven.

4. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    there was a www.talkguitar.com

it is fairly new, but I don't know if it's still around.