Place like Talk bass for guitars?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Tpu2, Nov 6, 2003.

1. Tpu2

Oct 19, 2002
    I was wondering if there was a place for guitarist thats like talkbass for bassist. I'm looking at getting an acustic electric and learning to play that to make myself more of a rounded musician. I'm trying to figure out what guitar to get. Usaully, I would try a bunch of diffrent ones, but there is only one music store with in 45 min. of me and they only stock Yamahas. I'm looking to spend around $600. I've read good things about the Alvarez PD80SC. Can you guys help any? Any imput would be greatly appreciated :) . Thanks.
  2. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    I wish there were nicer forums for guitarists. Truth be told, TB is such a nice place because of the high caliber for moderators, the mature attitude, and the rules that keep everyone in check. If you check a lot of other forums, they've got more freedom of expression (i.e., swearing and obscenity), but usually a lack of coherent/intelligent responses, and a lot more crap to wade through to get to the good stuff. I have yet to find a guitar forum like TB.

Harmony-Central is the only other bass forum I have posted at, and they have some decent guitar forums, too.
  3. Funkize you

Funkize you Guest

Nov 4, 2003
    Westminster Ca.
    I agree, I have only been here a few days and I LOVE IT. Its perfect, Good answers, Smart People (spare a few) good conversation.

This is like a Bassist's Heaven.
  4. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    there was a

it is fairly new, but I don't know if it's still around.