Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Place with the cloest match pickguards for SX?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by PasdaBeer, Jan 10, 2006.

1. PasdaBeer

PasdaBeer

Nov 2, 2002
    Santa Rosa California
    SandStorm Designs
    as the title says, anyone know who has the closest matching pickguards for an SX P bass?

2. LA

LA

Oct 17, 2001
    Michigan
    I think that no matter where you go, the guards themselves will be a good fit but there are fewer screw holes in SX pickguards.

3. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    If you go with Jeannie Pickguards they will have you send them your pickguard, then they will use that as a pattern for the new one they send you. Guaranteed perfect fit. I've used them before and their products are top quality, but quite expensive.

4. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    The pickguard will cost a good chunk of what the bass did, but its the only way it'll get done right.

5. PasdaBeer

PasdaBeer

Nov 2, 2002
    Santa Rosa California
    SandStorm Designs
    peh, to pricey for most the places for a clear acrylic.

im just gonna get unlazy and make my own. thanks gysu

6. Have you looked under the pickguard yet? If it looks anything like the SX Jazz I just bought there is a very large route for the neck pickup. A clear pickguard will look very odd.

Rick B

7. PasdaBeer

PasdaBeer

Nov 2, 2002
    Santa Rosa California
    SandStorm Designs
    oh i know it does have taht huge route

this is my rocker' bass, so under the pickguard is going whatever pin-up chick, beer add, crude derogetory writing, or whatver else takes my fancy that particular show.

its like a new pickguard every day , rawr

8. Shawnost

Shawnost It's all about the Hamiltons baby! Supporting Member

Sep 25, 2004
    Huntersville, NC
    I bought a new pickguard for my SX P Bass from this store on Ebay. I had to do some minor modification near the neck pocket and the pickups but all together it wasn't too painful and it was only like $15 bucks. I'm thinking of getting a red tort one soon.

Shawn