Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Placed an order!! Yuhuuuuu

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by Seppie, Dec 5, 2002.

1. Seppie

Seppie

Aug 14, 2002
    Austria, Vienna
    hi all

so now...i have to tell this...cause i´m so anxious!

i now ordered a "hevos midget plus" cab...
    oh and i can´t wait till it arives!
    and to hear it with my clarusII...
    had some trbls with the clarus :( ...but bob and rick gave me real good support :) and the clarus is now on the way back to the u.s. for "overhaul"....

so hopefully this would be great combo for both db and baby bass!

sebastian

2. anonymous0726

anonymous0726 Guest

Nov 4, 2001
    That's what I've been playing through, but using a Walter Woods. You can play pretty freakin' loud with it. It's not a terribly efficient cabinet, but not too big a power hog, either. Keep me posted on how it works for you.

3. anonymous0726

anonymous0726 Guest

Nov 4, 2001
    Oh - and do yourself a favor a replace the stupid Speakon connector with a good, old-fashioned 1/4" jack. Hevos uses standard hardware and you can get a plate that covers the big hole and allows the mounting of the classic connector.

4. Seppie

Seppie

Aug 14, 2002
    Austria, Vienna
    oh yes...i´m also not the big fan regarding speakons...
    and regarding loundness...
    when ich have to play loud i´ll take my babybass my hartke 3500 top...and plug my laney 15" to it with the midget...and i think with that i could rock every house here in my town! :D

rgds sebastian

5. Bob Gollihur

Bob Gollihur GollihurMusic.com

Mar 22, 2000
    New Joisey Shore
    Big Cheese Emeritus: Gollihur Music
    Speakon connectors are so better in so many ways. If the twist blindly while reaching behind the cabinet manuever aggravates you, Switchcraft makes their version, which is compatible with Neutrik's, which locks without twisting as it has a little button like an XLR connector.

There is a laundry list of reasons why they are better that justifies their exclusive use, if possible, to me.

6. anonymous0726

anonymous0726 Guest

Nov 4, 2001
    Three reasons I won't:

1. They break easily
    2. Not globally compatible
    3. Take up too much room in my bag
      [/list=1]

If it ain't broke, don't fix it, says I.

:)

7. LowNote

LowNote Supporting Member

Jan 31, 2002
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Be very careful making any change from Speakon to 1/4 inch jack if you are using a Clarus or a Contra. By design, a 1/4" jack shorts momentarily when being connected while a Speakon does not. I'm told by Rick Jones that the design of his power amp is such that it cannot take any shorting, and that is why he has used Speakon's. So, bottom line, if you switch to 1/4" connector, NEVER connect/disconnect a speaker to a Clarus or Contra while the power is on. Otherwise, you may well fry the amp.