places all over US to buy used Fender jazz bass??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by zoxbassist, Sep 23, 2004.

1. zoxbassist

Dec 13, 2003
    Providence, RI
    I am trying to find an awesome rosewood-fretboard 60's or 70's fender jazz bass for under $2000. My band travels so I am willing to seek out specialty stores anywhere in the US (preferably Eastern seaboard). Where are the places to go for used basses??
  2. Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    There's EBay, and guitar center. GC (Though they can get annoying) has a great (and sometimes overpriced) selection of vintage basses.
  3. If you are ever in Minneapolis/St. Paul, you can stop by Willies' Great American Guitars. They always have a number of used/vintage Fender basses in stock. Bring your guitar player with you and watch him drool at the sight of the vintage guitars and amps they have!
  4. +1

Also check out My Music in Golden Valley (western suburb of Mpls). Mostly vintage guitars but they often have some cool old bass stuff.
  5. You might try Bass Northwest in Seattle, Wahington ( They only have one 70's J out there right now, but I have seen a lot come and go on their website.
  6. peabody

peabody Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2002
    La Crosse, WI
    Check out Dave's Guitar Shop in La Crosse, WI. ( Their inventory changes daily and their website inventory is updated almost daily. They do 60+% of their sales through internet and telephone sales. While their guitar inventory is one of the best in the Midwest, their bass inventory is nothing to sneeze at. They are definitely a good group of guys to work with.