Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

places wtih good prices

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by phunky345, Jul 30, 2000.

1. phunky345

phunky345

Jun 20, 2000
    Missoula, MT
    Hey everybody. If you ever need good prices on new equipment, check out zzounds.com and music123.com. I'm currently getting a hartke ha4000 for only $470 at zzounds.com! I'm not meaning to sound like a salesman, cause I'm not one. I just thought, since I've read stuff about people worrying about the prices of a bass rig.

2. beans-on-toast

beans-on-toast Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2008
    I find that it pays to look on any company's Facebook page or Google for promo codes before making a purchase. The deals can be pretty good. I saved 35% and got free shipping yesterday.

Unfortunately, there wasn't google or facebook back in Y2K. The world has changed.

Last edited: May 25, 2016
  3. BadExample

BadExample

Jan 21, 2016
    I almost always buy from sweetwater if I can, if they have it. Prices are usually very good, and the service is over the top. Good advice when you call in or chat. They send a pack of candy with each order, small or large :D

It's good for those who know exactly what they need to know about the low priced places especially if they need to save the money. You just have to know what you want, know that what they have is what you want, and search TB for the name of the seller. I would personally not buy a cab or other big heavy from someone if they don't pay return shipping for problems, even shipping damage.

4. B-string

B-string Supporting Member

Looky here! Beans dug up a zombie!!

GregC, BadExample and beans-on-toast like this.
  5. beans-on-toast

Aug 7, 2008
    They keep coming back!

What's interesting is that the current Hartke HA-5500C has more power, features, and costs about the same as the HA4000 did sixteen years ago.

BadExample likes this.
  6. BadExample

BadExample

Jan 21, 2016
    Dambit, Beans, and you sucked me right into this. :D

B-string and beans-on-toast like this.
  7. beans-on-toast

Aug 7, 2008
    The OP's post has been languishing for years, patiently waiting for a reply. Like NOS tubes sitting on a shelf waiting to be used.

B-string and BadExample like this.