Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

plan to capture girl at valentines day show

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by evilbrian9, Feb 19, 2003.

1. so my band played this show on valentines day friday and it rocked. i invited this girl that i really like and have been drooling over for a long time. shes really cool but shes on the basketball team and had a game at the exact same time as our concert. i told her to drop by afterwards since we were playing last. i got this brilliant idea on the way to the show, on stage when she shows up ill be all hey baby whats up how was the game, you know small talk, then be all, Will you go out with me? in front of everybody. Ha! it was sure fire, she couldnt say no.

she out smarted me... she didnt go.

and the moral of this one is: chicks don't really dig bass players no matter how confident they are in their element.

2. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Or maybe they don't like people who refer to them as "chicks" and don't treat them as equal human beings? ;)

3. yeah, yeah, pc bullcrap again, fine, WOMEN. you know nobody really means anything by it. :rolleyes:

4. Bruce Lindfield

Well given the sig, I would say this is far more likely than the moral you drew!!!

5. i know, its slang for playing songs actually. it was started by our drummer no less. he calles his drums b****es when hes mad.

i know about the whole "chicks" vs. females but as long as i treat them with respect and charish them what does it matter?:D

6. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    hmmm...you do realize how pathetic you would have looked had she shown up and rejected you, right?

7. "chicks" too offensive?
    the singer of the covers band I'm in on leaving the dressing room during the break at a gig to mingle with the audience;
    "I'm going slut-hunting".......

8. Bruce Lindfield

It's not about being "offensive" - it's about a type of attitude!! :rolleyes:

9. Prime Mover

Prime Mover

Feb 16, 2003
    TN, USA
    Good point Bruce...

10. PLEASE NOTE PREVIOUS RESPONSE ABOUT SIG

yes, i realized she could have rejected me infront of a crowd, but then i could just start writing emo songs.

i know about attitude towards women, its just a habit, like calling gas petrol :D

11. a) it's petrol not gas
    b) grand plans to impress women never work

12. yeah, i know they neverwork.

the english are weird, but i can get used to the big teeth and strange street slang...

13. english?

why are they wierd?

14. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Where Im from, calling a girl a chick is the same as calling a guy a dude.

It depends on where you are from and how you talk.

Oh, and chicks do dig bass players.

You'd be supprised how easy it can be for a bassit to pick up chicks if he drops the whole smooth act and just says "Hi Im Nick. Whats your name?.... Yeah, I play bass for that band....... Sure Id love to give you a call."

Peace
    Nick

15. yeah, but i tried that, and the girl was all "wait i know you, your name's not Nick; why did you say it was?! you're WEIRD!!!"

16. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Yeah I forgot to mention that its best to use your own name and only pause long enough to let her talk, otherwise the silence will probably scare her away.

Peace
    Nick

17. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    At first, this looked like some sort of translingual idiom.

Se eyo ulate ryo.

18. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Yeah, took care of that.

Peace
    Nick

19. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    see you later, yo. :D

20. i dont think that just because i call girls chicks means that i dont treat them equally. its just part of the youth scene here. none of the girls really care about that stuff because they dont have "women's rights" problems here, they get what they want.

and i was just kidding about the english...:rolleyes: :D