1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Planet Bass and Aguilar Pre Amp

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Bass-Adrenaline, Apr 26, 2010.

1. Bass-Adrenaline

Bass-Adrenaline

Jan 23, 2010
    Has anyone had any experience ordering from them? They have the pre amp i want in stock and i dont really trust catalina guitars anymore (either them or hipshot sold my bank information and i got a lot of charges on my account).

Also, can the aguilar pre amp run a volume knop with push pull for active/passive instead of a toggle switch?

Im looking for a 4 knob config with that, mid push/pull, a stacked bass/treble pot, and a blend pot.

Bartolini has it but im trying to see what my options are.

2. SteveC

SteveC Moderator Staff Member

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    Planet Bass in Maple Grove, MN? If so, I just spent a couple hours there today playing some really nice basses. Tony is a GREAT guy. I also bought a bass from him, sight unseen, online/over the phone a couple years ago. No problem. He actually remembered the bass when I was in talking to him today.

3. FunkMetalBass

FunkMetalBass

Aug 5, 2005
    Phoenix, Arizona 85029
    Endorsing Artist: J.C. Basses
    BestBassGear.com

They can pre-wire those options for you.

4. SteveC

SteveC Moderator Staff Member

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    Bestbassgear just sent me an Aguilar OBP-3 prewired for my bass. It worked great. Ordered it Friday, git it Monday. Hard to beat that.

5. Bass-Adrenaline

Bass-Adrenaline

Jan 23, 2010
    Old thread. lol

Yeah i figured out best bass gear is the way to go in that department.