Planet Waves Cable Station or George L's

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by steak'n'roll, Jan 15, 2006.

1. I'm thinking about re-wiring my pedal board and I would like to have opinions about the Planet Waves Cable Station Pedalboard Cable Kit. Is it better/worse than George L's?

Thank you
  2. Good question that I'd like to see answered too!?
  3. TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    As much as I love Planet Waves, I'd say go with the George L's purely because of the size of the jacks Planet Waves jacks are huge, great quality but to big for a pedal board where space is tight, I'm considering doing my pedalboard with george l's but not sure if I'd get any sort of improvement.
  4. bass-shy

Jan 11, 2005
    The plugs on the Planet Waves ARE a lot bigger, but more cable actually fits inside the plug. I don't know for sure but I am willing to bet that the Planet Waves are more durable. I have heard a few people on here mention "regular cable maintenance" with George L's, as they tend to fail if you move your pedals a lot. I haven't had this issue with Planet Waves. George L's are rumored to have a clearer signal path, though. Truthfully, I don't think you could go wrong with either.
  5. I bought the planet wave kit and I'm pretty happy with it. I would have liked a couple more plugs but the whole kit is pretty reliable.
  6. Cougar207

Jun 17, 2005
    St. Charles, MO
    I like the George L's but, you can always buy some G&H rightfoots and good cable and make your own kit. I have used some of those and they don't take up much room. I'm using the "compact" Neutriks for my board now, but they are much larger.