Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Planet Waves Cable Station or George L's

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by steak'n'roll, Jan 15, 2006.

1. I'm thinking about re-wiring my pedal board and I would like to have opinions about the Planet Waves Cable Station Pedalboard Cable Kit. Is it better/worse than George L's?

Thank you

2. Good question that I'd like to see answered too!?

3. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    As much as I love Planet Waves, I'd say go with the George L's purely because of the size of the jacks Planet Waves jacks are huge, great quality but to big for a pedal board where space is tight, I'm considering doing my pedalboard with george l's but not sure if I'd get any sort of improvement.

4. bass-shy

bass-shy

Jan 11, 2005
    Florida
    The plugs on the Planet Waves ARE a lot bigger, but more cable actually fits inside the plug. I don't know for sure but I am willing to bet that the Planet Waves are more durable. I have heard a few people on here mention "regular cable maintenance" with George L's, as they tend to fail if you move your pedals a lot. I haven't had this issue with Planet Waves. George L's are rumored to have a clearer signal path, though. Truthfully, I don't think you could go wrong with either.

5. I bought the planet wave kit and I'm pretty happy with it. I would have liked a couple more plugs but the whole kit is pretty reliable.

6. Cougar207

Cougar207

Jun 17, 2005
    St. Charles, MO
    I like the George L's but, you can always buy some G&H rightfoots and good cable and make your own kit. I have used some of those and they don't take up much room. I'm using the "compact" Neutriks for my board now, but they are much larger.