Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Planet Waves locking straps

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Archon113, Nov 30, 2004.

1. Archon113

Archon113

Oct 21, 2004
  2. Joelc73

Joelc73 Supporting Member

Nov 13, 2000
    New York
    I've got one that I use with my Reverend. It's a really cool concept in that you don't need to replace the strap buttons. The Reverend is light so the strap itself is more than adequate. The locking system is very secure; I would have no worries using it with any of my other basses if they didn't already have strap locks installed.

3. Matt Call

Matt Call Supporting Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
    Best strap I ever bought. I'll never use a different strap as long as I live.... well, as of now. I've been using mine for a little over a year now. sometimes the strap buttons are too big for it :(---so I got a new bass:)

4. You can change your strap buttons, you know. :)

5. FireAarro

FireAarro

Aug 8, 2004
    austr-
    Works well, I have one. Not really comfy though, if the bass is heavy.

6. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    Umm wouldn't changing the strap buttons defeat the whole purpose of the strap??
    Also, it look slike a rather typical nylon strap- nowhere nearly as comfy as my 3" padded leather strap i have now.
    Also, it looks like the locks are made primarily of plastics- that definately won't last as long as standard strap-loks.
    No thanks.

7. raycer

raycer

Mar 22, 2004
    Orange County, NY
    I have one and love it. I find it comfortable and it's great for switching quickly from bass to bass

8. wulf

wulf

Apr 11, 2002
    Oxford, UK
    I've got one and it doesn't fit really comfortably on any of my instruments. As you say, the idea of replacing the buttons seems a bit self defeating! Still, maybe one day I'll buy another instrument that will be ideal for it...
    :smug:

Wulf