1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Planning Concerts

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by j.a.e.r.i.p, Feb 22, 2008.

1. j.a.e.r.i.p

j.a.e.r.i.p

Apr 8, 2007
    Hi,
    Tomorrow is the second of three benefit concerts that i've organized and hosted and performed at, etc. I'm incredibly psyched for the playing, my band and the other band performing are gonna be killing. however, i have the whole day up until showtime spent getting keys from venue owners, moving food for sale, driving back and forth, etc.

for those of you that have completely planned a gig start to finish including renting the venue, etc. how do you go about that without getting tired and stressed come showtime?

(also i'm recording the show and will put it on the website if anyone is interested, check www.missingperssons.com anytime past sunday or so)

2. scrove

scrove

Mar 7, 2005
    Delegate.
    Assign tasks to other band members/family/people that you think are intelligent enough to get it done without you standing over their shoulder so you can make sure everything is running smoothly.

3. j.a.e.r.i.p

j.a.e.r.i.p

Apr 8, 2007
    thanks, it kind of seems like my drummer and i are the only ones with heads on our shoulders and he just doesn't care to help out much.
    the horn players are musically incredible, but they just wanna play and have nothing to do with the planning, so that leaves friends.