Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

plans fell through, good head and cab for under $500

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by clanner, Jan 20, 2006.

1. clanner

clanner Token Black Guy.

Apr 27, 2005
    ummmmm, marietta GA
    seeing as my plans have fallen through for the 3rd time since trying to order a new amp, I am starting to wonder whether i should continue waiting for my funds to mature for my Kustom 1200 hd headhead and 215H Cab or finally break down and buy with the five hundred i have saved up so far, or just order the head now and the cab later, would it be alright to use a peavey 215 speaker PA cabinet with the head if I order that now?

2. g00eY

g00eY

Sep 17, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    probably just save, unless you need something to play through right now.

3. adept_inept

adept_inept

Jan 9, 2006
    i'd save. always worth it.

4. clanner

clanner Token Black Guy.

Apr 27, 2005
    ummmmm, marietta GA
    thnx, guess what I really wanted was a morale boost, I think I'll go order the head tommorrow with the money i have now, maybe order it with one of their headcases just for the vibe, and then wait a while to order the cab, I have a PA speaker that may work.

http://www.kustom.com/amps/bass/groovebass/grooveheadcase.asp

5. Indiana Mike

Indiana Mike

Nov 18, 2005
    Like its been said, unless you need something asap ,just keep saving.
    I myself found myself settling for stuff I really didn't want or impulse bought.
    I finally saved and scrounged for a year and bought an amp I really had the hots for.Couldn't be happier

6. clanner

clanner Token Black Guy.

Apr 27, 2005
    ummmmm, marietta GA
    thanx for the responses, didn't get a chance to go out today (stores on the other side of town) and I talked with my Father (reason I don't have all of the money I need, used on extra stuff such as gas bill, car repair because the dealership is run by wankers that cost us $400.00 that should have been covered under warrenty)

hopefully i'll be able to order it with the next couple of weeks. to tide myself over I got a new strap and some strings, finally found some strings with an E heavier than 105 (heavy GHS Boomers)

comeing soon, pictured when order arives, hopefully within the next month,

peace.