1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Plastic uprights for cheap?

Discussion in 'Wanted: Double Basses, Amps, & Accessories' started by deMingus, Mar 17, 2013.

1. deMingus

deMingus

Mar 17, 2013
    I'm an orchestral/jazz/solo bassist and rower in northern Florida, and I'm in the market for an upright made of plastic, not as a replacement or backup, but as both an introduction to variations on acoustics, and a joke: I'm going to film myself on a sculling shell playing it for a project in the distant future. Naturally, no idiot with a half a brain would bring their wooden bass on a tipsy rowing boat, but I'm failing to find any plastic uprights for sale on the web. If anyone can give me a pointer or two to either a site where I can review such basses or as to the location of one in the USA, it'd be much appreciated. I'll take a look at anything but I'm primarily interested in some worn out, cheapo piece of plastic. The inclusion of a bridge or strings is unnecessary. Thank you!

2. There's a Roth-Finch for sale in the Music-Go-Round store in Lilburn, Georgia. They want $800 for it, which is outrageous.

3. Hqubed

Hqubed Supporting Member

Sep 26, 2009
    Columbus, Ohio
    Here is one in Chicago asking $200. Me have noninterestnin the sale just passing on the link however will be going through on our way to the Richard Davis event at the end of this month if I can help in any way. http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/msd/3617222650.html

Cheers

4. Jsn

Jsn upright citizen

Oct 15, 2006
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Both Sheriff and Hqubed are assuming that by "plastic" you probably mean fiberglass. I've never heard (or heard of) a plastic bass. Can't imagine it would sound too good.