1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Play-alongs?

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by David Jayne, Dec 27, 2011.

1. Perhaps wrong forum. If so, sorry, not sure where this goes.
    I'm wondering if there are real, bona-fide recordings of my favorite artists' songs, with the bass tracks deleted.

I'm thin on gigs these days. Just trying to have some fun. Playing along with ordinary recordings with EQ set to remove low-end (bass parts) also removes the kick drum, and other things, which is less than desirable.
    Point a brother in the right direction? Is this even possible? Many thanks.

2. mward69

mward69

Jan 20, 2007
    Conyers, GA
    Been looking for the same...my guitar player has several guitar ones...pisses me off...lol

3. MEL_BASS

MEL_BASS

Oct 28, 2010
    Chicago, IL
    There are quite a few bass playa longs with the bass tracks deleted that Ive seen. It depends on what artist you are looking for. I've seen Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Rush, Incubus, and more. I believe they are made by Hal Leonard.

4. oldcatfish

oldcatfish

Jan 8, 2011
    This, "There are quite a few bass playa longs with the bass tracks deleted that Ive seen. It depends on what artist you are looking for. I've seen Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Rush, Incubus, and more. I believe they are made by Hal Leonard."

If you google bass backing track, several companies will come up that will make custom tracks for you.

5. BigOkie

BigOkie

Nov 28, 2010
    Oklahoma City
    Check out the Hal Leonard website. They have several bass play-alongs with tab books. They are grouped in collections like Dark Side of the Moon, Classic Rock, etc. The bonus is an application included on the CD called Amazing Slowdowner. Upgrade to the full version for like $15. It is a mince tool for practicing. It lets you change the speed of tracks without affecting pitch, or conversely bumping the pitch a bit without affecting speed. This is handy if you don't want to de-tune a half step for doing Stevie Ray Vaughn songs, etc.

6. wal4string

wal4string

Feb 25, 2008