1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Play bass but can't stand the bass in techno..

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by jade, Dec 31, 2006.

1. jade

jade

Mar 8, 2002
    YYC
    Please tell me I'm not the only one. My ear must have gotten more sensative to the lower notes since I've started playing bass and most repeatative beats drive me crazy!

I want to break my own eardrums at the moment, the neighbours are blasting techno from their backyard and all I can hear is the boring monotonous beat..

How can people listen to this and call it music?

2. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Banned

Mar 3, 2006
    Auburn, Washington
    My mom is blasting techno. I can appreciate it for a while, but the "BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM" gets REALLY tiresome after a while.

Oh well, I'm going to go play with my metronome.

3. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    EU
    It's not a bass, it's a kickdrum.

4. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Banned

Mar 3, 2006
    Auburn, Washington
    It's electronic, but sounds closer to something a bass would make.

5. Johnny Crab

Johnny Crab ACME,QSC,Fame/Hondo/Greco/HELIX user & BOSE Abuser Gold Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2004
    South Texas
    It's the fortuneteller whispering "Buy stock in hearing aid companies now. You'll make a killing when the kaboom boom babies grow up half deaf."...:D

It does get lame but if you can tie your PC to your bass rig, fire back with this stuff:
    http://www.di.fm/mp3/techno.pls
    http://www.di.fm/

Probably get to 'em with a few ACME cabinets aimed correctly...:hyper:

6. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    To much punch to be a bass guitar. It sounds like a kick drum that's tuned to a note.

7. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    I think it helps them to stay focused.

-Mike

8. BASS IS BASS

no really, techno is for the club , after an afternoon of drinking and bullpoopieting, not for the house, stupid people

9. it's a kick drum from a tr808 drum machine. it's got a long decay & can sound like a note.

"techo" doesn't usually have bass in it.

other electronica often does, but techno per say rarely does

10. DI FM is awesome.

I love the dark stuff on their ambient channel - lotsa Aphex Twin in there, and some really beautiful stuff too, like Brian Eno, and Stars of the Lid..