1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Play list (how many songs when gigging)

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by fadlan bassman, Dec 3, 2006.

1. StereoPlayer

StereoPlayer

Aug 29, 2010
    75-100

2. 48 to 60 depending on a three or four set night. That's whats on the list but we usually end up playing less songs than that. Some jams can last quite a while.

BassAndReeds likes this.
  3. buldog5151bass

buldog5151bass Kibble, milkbones, and P Basses. And redheads.

Oct 22, 2003
    Connecticut
    Generally 45-48 songs. But it depends. We also do a lot of medley/mashups. At our next gig, we are doing the Abbey Road medley, and mashups of Run To You/Refugee/Breakup Song/Jenny Jenny and Comfortably Numb/Money (we do lots of newer stuff as well, but it works to take older songs that work well together and condense them down shorter).

4. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Supporting Member

i'm playing tonight with my jazz band (9pm-12:30am) = we have 24 tunes scheduled...may not play all of them! :)

5. buldog5151bass

buldog5151bass Kibble, milkbones, and P Basses. And redheads.

Oct 22, 2003
    Connecticut
    Jazz is a whole 'nother kettle of fish - let the sax player take a 10 chorus solo. It can be a thing o

6. filmtex

filmtex

May 29, 2011
    We usually do 13-15 songs per set and either 3 or 4 sets a night. So...between 39 and 60. For years I had a C & W band in el Lay and we actually had about 9 sets that we rotated over the course of those 5 night engagements. Those were the days.

7. BassAndReeds

BassAndReeds Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2016
    3 sets, 18 songs per set on the set list. We don’t get to all of them.

So that’s 54 songs. 4 hour gig, 2 breaks.

8. Inara

Inara Fretless Femme Supporting Member

Jun 12, 2017
    Seattle, WA USA
    The scene here in the sorts of bands I play with, we're usually on bills with 3-5 bands, so each act only gets a single 30-40 minute set. Both bands I'm in play originals, and our songs are mostly in the 5-6 minute range, so we get 5 or 6 songs, usually. Sometimes one more if things speed up, lol. Back when I was playing in blues, rock, and country bands in Nashville, it was more like 3-4 sets a night with 12-15 songs each set.

9. 35 songs a night, 3 sets x 45mins each.
    120 songs on the list, 60 in current rotation.

Pre-planned set lists, will rearrange if dance floor is packed.
    No requests but will dedicate a song to a person (esp staff).

Last edited: Nov 17, 2018
  10. 2 sets. 15 minute break on a 4 hr gig. Approx 50 songs per night - however we have 100+ ready to go as needed for requests, etc. We like to keep the energy up.