1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Played a 1969 Jazz yesterday...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Luckie, May 12, 2010.

1. Luckie

Luckie

Jan 1, 2010
    Northfield MN
    Oh yeah.
    IMG_0056.
    It was strung up with black tapes, played like it was made of sex. As soon as I picked it up Crusaders tunes popped out of my fingers.
    The thing is in great condition, and is worth around $4500 IIRC.
    My friends mom is a bass player, and her dad gave her this bass in the mid 70's. She won't sell it of course. :bawl:
    Thought I'd share some pr0n and my little story.

2. Spinal Tapper

Spinal Tapper

Nov 15, 2007
    Chicago
    Sweeeeet! Lovin the tapewounds! That thing looks close to perfect condition! :eek:

3. funkytoe

funkytoe Supporting Member

Jan 17, 2008
    Northern California
    Nice Bass!:hyper:
    Bobby Vega has a late 60's Jazz bass with black tapes on it that sounds incredible as well. Would never have thought of trying tapes were it not for Bobby.

People can say what they will, but those of us who have owned and played those 1960's Fender basses know that there is really nothing else like them. Fantastic instruments.

4. I've played a few pre-CBS to late '60s Fender J's and P's that were dogs, but I will say my '63 P isn't one of them. I've never tried her with tape wounds.. that might be fun.

5. doc540

doc540

Jul 28, 2003
    Beaumont, Texas
    Crusaders + Pops Powell = profit